This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 5:26 AM by EdStevens RSS

Pls help me out anyone in this reagrd.

087f6de3-c6cc-4100-ba53-dffdf59935d9 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

1.How to identify the installed machine oracle is client or server class?....

2.If i want to install the client version of oracle 11g on my machine, which radio button i need to select from Desktop Class and Server Class?....

3.Does Oracle 11g Client needs any license in production environment?....

4.Is there any way to get OLEDB Provider for Oracle in SSIS without installing oracle package?....

• 1. Re: Pls help me out anyone in this reagrd.
    EdStevens Guru
    Currently Being Moderated

087f6de3-c6cc-4100-ba53-dffdf59935d9 wrote:

1.How to identify the installed machine oracle is client or server class?....

2.If i want to install the client version of oracle 11g on my machine, which radio button i need to select from Desktop Class and Server Class?....

3.Does Oracle 11g Client needs any license in production environment?....

4.Is there any way to get OLEDB Provider for Oracle in SSIS without installing oracle package?....

1 - It's not "client" vs. "server" class, it's "desktop" vs. "server".  There really is no definitive attribute that makes it one or the other.  The description of these terms is in the Installation Guide:  Search for "system class" at Installing Oracle Database

2 - If you are actually offered that choice after selecting to install the client only, I would think it would be self-evident that a client usually runs on a desktop .....

3 - no

====

BTW, it would be really helpful if you would go to your profile and give yourself a recognizable name.  It doesn't have to be your real name, just something that looks like a real name.  Who says my name is really Ed Stevens?  But at least when people see that on a message they have a known identity.  Unlike the system generated name of 'ed0f625b-6857-4956-9b66-da280b7cf3a2', which is like going to the pub with a bag over your head.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points