4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 12:11 PM by 980886 RSS

Padding in BI Publisher

Hi, I'm using a pivot table in BI Publisher, and one of the rows that I'm inserting his a concatenation and I need to use some padding in it:

rpad((AP_AGING_TRANSACTION.INVOICE_NUMBER),10)   || '   ' || AP_AGING_TRANSACTION.NET_DATE   || '   ' || APPLICATION_OBJECT_SECURITY.NAME AS "INVNUM",

But I can't see the padding when I look at the report. Is there a way to do it?

• 1. Re: Padding in BI Publisher
          BIPuser

For rpad, use this syntax:<?xdofx:rpad(INVOICE_NUMBER,10)?>

For concatenation, use either of these examples for sytax:

<?xdofx:3||2?> or <?concat(' ' , NET_DATE, '   ', NAME)?>  -- in this case I am assuming that NET_DATE AND NAME are fields in your xml file.

In your case, you would need this:

<?xdofx:rpad(concat(INVOICE_NUMBER, ' ' , NET_DATE, '   ', NAME), 10)?>

It would be better to get this padding and concatenation done via your query and thereby in your xml file rather than doing this in RTF if possible..

Thanks,

Bipuser

• 2. Re: Padding in BI Publisher

That's my issue. I"m doing the padding and the concatenation in the query and it doesn't get into the XML. I don't want to us a RTF if possible.

• 3. Re: Padding in BI Publisher
              BIPuser

Are you able to run the query in SQLPlus/Toad and is the output per expectations?

I tried this and it works for me:

select rpad(('De' || ' ' || 'John' || ' '||'Kim'),16, '*') as name from dual

• 4. Re: Padding in BI Publisher

In SQL+  it works fine, it does what is is suppose to do. It's when it gets into the reports that it doesn't work anymore.