Rootsh failure on node2

960877 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
AIX7.1 install Grid11.2.0.3 Root.sh failure on node2

install grid

node1, root.sh successed!

node2, root.sh fail

CRS-4402

CRS-4402: The CSS daemon was started in exclusive mode but found an active CSS daemon on node rac1, number 1, and is terminating
An active cluster was found during exclusive startup, restarting to join the cluster
Oracle Grid Infrastructure stack start initiated but failed to complete at /oracle/app/11.2.0/grid/crs/install/crsconfig_lib.pm line 11486.
/oracle/app/11.2.0/grid/perl/bin/perl -I/u01/app/11.2.0/grid/perl/lib -I/oracle/app/11.2.0/grid/crs/install /u01/app/11.2.0/grid/crs/install/rootcrs.pl execution failed

why?
  • 1. Re: Rootsh failure on node2
    phaeus Pro
    Hello,
    i think there are more possibilites where your root.sh fails. (ASM, Multicast, ...)

Maybe you should check rootcrs_node1.log and rootcrs_node2.log to see how far the root.sh progress is and maybe you get there a better error? Also check the other log files in this directory.

regards
    Peter
  • 2. Re: Rootsh failure on node2
    960877 Newbie
    hi,all is ok,now!

just aix has bug,i changed version of aix.

oracle 11.2.0.3
    aix 7.1.0.0.sp3
  • 3. Re: Rootsh failure on node2
    user8010309 Newbie

Hello,

Though this is a year old post, am finding myself in a similar position.

I have been trying this for the last one week and now I am stuck at the same point.

Node 1 has started

CRS-4402: The CSS daemon was started in exclusive mode but found an active CSS daemon on node rac1, number 1, and is terminating

An active cluster was found during exclusive startup, restarting to join the cluster

Oracle Grid Infrastructure stack start initiated but failed to complete at /u01/11.2.0/grid/grid_home/crs/install/crsconfig_lib.pm line 11486.

/u01/11.2.0/grid/grid_home/perl/bin/perl -I/u01/11.2.0/grid/grid_home/perl/lib -I/oracle/app/11.2.0/grid/crs/install /u01/11.2.0/grid/grid_home/crs/install/rootcrs.pl execution failed

OSLevel Output:

bash-4.2# oslevel -g

Fileset                                 Actual Level        Maintenance Level

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

bos.rte                                 7.1.1.0             7.1.0.0

Do I need to downgrade this?

I was previously on Actual Level 7.1.0.1 then added a patch and upgrade to 7.1.1.0.

Grid Version 11.2.0.3

I really need a workaround on this, I will appreciate.

Kenince

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points