This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 1:03 PM by jrimblas RSS

Resizing apex.confirm window

BKing Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I asked a question earlier about how to get page item's value in a popup confirm window, https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2560374.

Now that I got it working I want to know if it is possible to be able to resize the confirm window that pops up. Or is it possible to have multiple columns of text in the popup so it isn't so vertical?

I have so much text to confirm that it is extending past the bottom of my monitor.

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

• 1. Re: Resizing apex.confirm window
    Sc0tt Expert

If you are just showing a standard browser confirm box (which I think all apex.confirm does), then no you can't.

Otherwise you'd likely have to have a custom confirm box that used the jquery dialog capabilities.  I won't comment on the best way to do that since I haven't worked much with the newer versions of Apex (maybe there is a plugin).

• 2. Re: Resizing apex.confirm window
    jrimblas Expert

Hello again!

Well unfortunately no.  The confirm window is controlled by the browser and will also be different on different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, etc...)

As I was addressing your confirm inquiry I was thinking that this may be better implemented with a modal window.  So look something like this Martin Giffy D'Souza on Oracle APEX: ClariFit Dialog Plugin

Or use the jQuery Dialog (you don't need to install anything to use it), the help regions use it for example.

Maybe someone else has other better suggestions.

Thanks

-Jorge

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points