I use Primavera P6 as a planning package in the Construction Industry and this uses Oracle Express in the background as the Database to store (& Manipulate) the data.
From within Primavera you can delete Projects (after using Primaveras inbuilt export facility to make a backup on a project by project basis in seperate files outside the database)
On the Windows Start Menu I have an "Oracle Database Express" Menu and from within this menu "Go to Database Home Page" (I have Primavera closed when using this area)
logging into the database homepage using user "PUBPRM$PM" there is a "Useage Monitor" on the right hand side of the screen that shows Database sizes
- Storage 4210MB with over 80% used
- Memory 811MB with about 80% used
On the left hand side of the screen there is an "Administrator" button this brings up a further set of buttons one of which is marked "Storage"
Changing user here to "ADMPRM$PM" I get another screen.
- On the left hand side it actually says the database is 82% used.
- On the right hand side there is another small menu that has the option to "Compact Storage"
- Using this option brings up a DOS style screen where I accept the options
However there has been no change in the size of database even after deleting large number of projects from Primavera.
From the original "Oracle Database Express" Menu I also have options to "Backup" and "Restore" the database.
- I have tried these options (after deleting the Primavera Projects) but the database size remains the same.
- I have not tried (and do not know how) deleting the database and doing a complete restore
Thanks for any help
Can you run this storage report described in this link - Managing Database Storage
and post a screenshot of the output ?
I am not knowledgeable about P6, but could it be that the delete Projects functionality is not actually deleting any data from the database ? Is there a way to verify ?