3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2013 10:37 PM by KellyMayfield-Oracle RSS

How to change all of the sections to be checked by default when printing a material spec

JasonP-CAG

The business has identified a need that when they arrive at the print screen for a material they want all of the check boxes for every section (For example: selected by default when the page is loaded, versus how it appears now with none of the sections select when the user loads the page.  I have reviewed the print template documentation and I did not see any information that refered to this area for configuration.

• 1. Re: How to change all of the sections to be checked by default when printing a material spec
          Ron M-Oracle

Have a look at the Print Template Settings section in the Extensibility Pack's Print Extensibility Guide document. You can specify in the config which sections you want to be preselected.

• 2. Re: How to change all of the sections to be checked by default when printing a material spec
            JasonP-CAG

I am having issues having print template settings being preselected for users.

Currently I am working with the out of the box (default) material print template in GSM and would like to have all of the options selected for the end user.  Based on the sample code I tried testing the following just having it select Attachements SupportedImages and RichText, both have their own check box and one is .txt and the other .jpeg.  However, I am unable to config it correctly.

Attached below is the item included in the printsettings config file.

<PrintTemplateSettings>

<PrintTemplateSetting configChildKey="id" id="basic">

<PrintContent configChildKey="id" id="CurrentSpecification" include="true"/>

<PrintGroup id="SupportingDocs.SupportedImages" include = "true"/>

<PrintGroup id="SupportingDocs.RichTexts" include = "true"/>

</PrintTemplateSetting>

</PrintTemplateSettings>

• 3. Re: How to change all of the sections to be checked by default when printing a material spec
              KellyMayfield-Oracle

You closed the print content node too soon  We use the shorthand close in our out of the box settings because we aren't listing any groups..  Try the following:

<PrintTemplateSettings>

<PrintContent configChildKey="id" id="CurrentSpecification" include="true">

</PrintContent>

</PrintTemplateSetting>

</PrintTemplateSettings>

To select things for related objects add additional print content nodes.  Here's an example that will select the current spec, its sourcing approvals, rich text, images, nutrient comp and custom sections. It will also auto select the related master specs and their related rich text docs, images and custom sections.

<PrintTemplateSettings>

<PrintContent configChildKey="id" id="CurrentSpecification" include="true">

<PrintGroup id ="SourcingApprovals" include="true"/>

<PrintGroup id="SupportingDocs.SuppotedImages" include = "true"/>

<PrintGroup id="SupportingDocs.NutrientComposition" include = "true"/>

<PrintGroup id="CustomSections" include = "true"/>

</PrintContent>

<PrintContent configChildKey="id" id="RelatedObjects" type="1005" include="true">

<PrintGroup id="CustomSections" include = "true"/>

</PrintContent>

</PrintTemplateSetting>  

</PrintTemplateSettings>

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Kelly