6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2013 2:00 PM by Vik Kumar RSS

Unable to find Bean and AM impl for customisation of Fusion Application

a39f78f2-2627-42f2-943e-f970c23bfaef

Hi,

Iam navigating through this link

under Fusion App --> Navigator -->WarehouseOperation -->REceipts --> and Entering createReceipt screen via Receive Expected Shipments. I want to default the value of packing slip as how supplier got defaulted but in editable mode. For this i want to know how supplier got defaulted and in same way i want to default Packing slip number.

But iam unable to find the managed bean or AMimpl java file for doing code change.

"Copylines" is default activity and from there it is navigating to CreateReceipt.jsff, i don't find any parameter carrying the value for Supplier.

So Logic must be either in Managed Bean or in AmImpl . I need to include my logic also here. But unable to find the necessary file.

reg,

Lakshmi.

• 1. Re: Unable to find Bean and AM impl for customisation of Fusion Application
          Vik Kumar

As this product is not my area of expertise so I am looking into it.

Will respond soon on this..

Thanks!

Vik

• 2. Re: Unable to find Bean and AM impl for customisation of Fusion Application
            Ramarava-Oracle
            • While creating a receipt, you select one or more orders belonging to a single supplier and then create one receipt against that. And that is how the supplier field gets defaulted in the Create Receipt UI.
            • Packing slip is also defaulted when the user receives against ASN provided it is captured at the time of creation of the ASN.
            • For a regular PO receipt, the user is expected to enter the packing slip by default.

Can you describe your exact requirement in detail?

The customization framework does allow the value of a field to be overwritten but using this, you will always have a predefined value or some limited logic using EL.

But we would not recommend that because when you customize the value of a field, it will discard the value that is fetched from the database.

This can potentially break the default functionality of receiving where the packing slip is defaulted from the ASN.

And another question that I have is the need for the AM details - this particular code is present in the AM and not the managed bean.

Are you planning to extend the AM that is shipped by receiving?

• 3. Re: Unable to find Bean and AM impl for customisation of Fusion Application

My Exact REquirement:

Packing Slip label will be renamed as Purchase Order and My user Want that Purchase Order Value should display a default value which is the value of  the Document Number in Lines Table of First Row.

And MoreOver this Packing Slip number which will be renamed as Purchase Order, should be in Editable mode eventhough it's value get defaulted. We should not restrict the user to Edit the Field.

As you mentioned "particular code is present in the AM"  which means Code for defaulting Supplier.

Similalry i want to implement my logic in the same AM also.

My logic is nothing but getting the first row of Lines Table ViewObject and Getting the Attribute of Document Number and displayig it to the field. Displayin in the Field will follow the path on how Supplier is getting displayed, i.e by using set Attribute probably.

• 4. Re: Unable to find Bean and AM impl for customisation of Fusion Application
                Ramarava-Oracle

This requirement cannot be achieved using the customization capabilities provided by Oracle Composer.

The field can be made read only but defaulting the value with the purchase order number of the first line in the receive lines UI is not possible through the composer.

1. How are you proposing to modify the code, specifically, the patching considerations given that the source code is not shipped.

2. The second concern is that this approach of defaulting with the first line may be inconsistent because there could be a single receipt created for two orders.

And also, this approach would override the existing default logic that receiving has to default the packing slip (from the ASN)

• 5. Re: Unable to find Bean and AM impl for customisation of Fusion Application

Yes. I too Aware of that this requirement cannot be achieved through Oracle Composer.

Hence only i planned to do it in Code. Moreover  iam having the respective EAR. But when i try to modify , i could not able to find BEAN or AM impl class to include my logic.

Moreover, Single receipt created for two orders in the sense you are mean to say that LINES table which will displaying below in the screen, will have two different document number.

If that is the case,i need only first row of the Document number.

• 6. Re: Unable to find Bean and AM impl for customisation of Fusion Application
                    Vik Kumar