1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 7:40 AM by Howard (... in Training) Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Button Display Symptom
        Howard (... in Training)

I'm sure you will agree with me that I can't thank you enough! 

-- I've unprotected the Hidden items and changed the Display Only items to NOT save state.

-- I added Hide/Show of SHOW1 and SHOW2 to the Initializations to handle when both Hide and Show displayed initially. 

It works well!  (THANKS!)

Best wishes,

Howard

P.S. I wonder what it would take to create a single button whose displayed name toggles between Hide and Show?

• 16. Re: Button Display Symptom
          jrimblas

P.S. I wonder what it would take to create a single button whose displayed name toggles between Hide and Show?

Well it crossed my mind, but the solution is sensitive to the theme and template used for the button because you need to edit the button label. But it's not too complicated, and it's also a suitable option.

You're very welcome!

Thanks

-Jorge

• 17. Re: Button Display Symptom
            Howard (... in Training)

@Jorge,

It seems like a button's label is rendered at Submit and not refreshed on a Region Refresh.  (I think you even said that somewhere -- or implied it.)  That puts the single button solution out of reach for me since I don't want to Submit.  [Pun intended!]   Perhaps these button labels can be manipulated by jquery, javascript or somesuch.  But I doubt I want to get that fancy yet.

Thanks,

Howard

1 2 Previous Next