This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 9:57 AM by mady RSS

EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server

mady Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Gurus,

I have 2 questions:

1) If we install some applications on single port number:9000(deploy to single managed server), after that if we deploy some applications to individual ports. is this installation work?

2) for example we have installed and configured all applications to single managed server:9000. Now can we change this to individual port numbers??

I mean can we configure all application to individual port numbers??

Just asking with curiosity to know about this scenarios.

Thanks,

mady

• 1. Re: EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server
    959658 Pro

Hi Mady,

I believe this should be possible by doing redeployment of EPM components to dedicated managed servers & reconfiguration of web server.

Thanks,

Santy.

• 2. Re: EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server
    Pablo Journeyer

Not sure why you would want to do this but what is supported is you can conifgure some servers to a single managed server and some to different managed server. For example, you may want to deploy Foundation, EAS, EPMA and Financial Reporting together to a single managed server and Planning and HFMADF each to its own managed server which you will end up with three managed servers instead of 6 or 7.

If what you're trying to do is deploy everything to 9000, test that and then deploy everything to its own managed server, the answer is yes you can but you need to re-run the OHS configuration at the end everytime as it will need to update the mod_wl_ohs.conf file to update the ports/# of managed servers.

Pablo

• 3. Re: EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server
    mady Journeyer

Hi Santy,

Thanks for the prompt response.

For Example, If i do reconfiguration to dedicated managed servers, can we get any conflict of port numbers?

suppose, i did configuration to the single managed servers of all mdlues, we get some services like EPM Server. Now, if we do reconfiguration to the dedicated managed servers, we get more services on the Service Manager.

Can we face any issues or conflict regarding this services??

I just curious to know, i didn't experiment this.

Any way Thanks again for the response.

Thanks,

mady

• 4. Re: EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server
    mady Journeyer

Hi Pablo,

Hope you are doing good. In Starting of Carrer on Hyperion, JohnGoodwin and Your replies on the Forum was very helpful to me.  Nowadays,you are busy i think, and we are not getting more responses from you .

Pablo wrote:

If what you're trying to do is deploy everything to 9000, test that and then deploy everything to its own managed server, the answer is yes you can but you need to re-run the OHS configuration at the end everytime as it will need to update the mod_wl_ohs.conf file to update the ports/# of managed servers.

Pablo

In the response, Can we get any conflict between services if we do reconfigure to the Own managed server.?

(why i am asking this question is, at the time of configuration to single managed server, we get EPM Server Service, then some more services only. But if we do reconfigure to the Own managed server, we will get more services in Services.msc)

I didn't test this yet, just i got this doubt if we do like this what will happens. is it work or not?

Thanks for your valuable time Pablo.

Thanks,

mady

• 5. Re: EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE

There shouldn't be any conflct as they will be running on different ports, if you deploy a product to a single managed server and then deploy it to it's own managed server it is not removed from the single managed server.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 6. Re: EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server
    Pablo Journeyer

Hi Mady,

Glad you find the answers helpful, and yes it's been really busy for me last few months so I'm here as much as I can You should be fine as the managed server typically uses port 9000 and all other services use different ports. Also, the service will not be deleted in 11.1.2.3 either when you re-deploy to individual managed servers.

Pablo

• 7. Re: EPM 11.1.2.x deployment to single managed server
    mady Journeyer

Okay guys...i got my answer. Thanks for your time.

Thanks,

mady

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points