1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 5:20 AM by Jessie C-Oracle RSS

What is the Padlock functionality in Input section of a formulation?

StefanoMeleSinfo

Hi all,

I would know the exact behavoir of  padlock near an input in formulation spec.

Example: I add a material (A) as inputs in a formulation (B) and I leave the padlock unlocked and then I calculate an Output (C).

Now I update the material (A) that I used as input.

In this case I need to refresh the formulation to re-calculate Output (C) new values or the values are refreshed automatically?

Also, if I use material (A) in a certain number of formulations, I need to refresh manually all formulations?

Please let me know if everithing is clear.

Many Thanks.

Stefano.

• 1. Re: What is the Padlock functionality in Input section of a formulation?
          Jessie C-Oracle

Hi Stefano,

The padlock is used in ''Get Latest Revision' feature. here is the behavior:

if the padlock is unlocked of an input in formulation spec, the system will always auto-update the input to the latest version with the 'Approved' tag in its WFA status. for example, you unlock the padlock of input A-001 in formulation A, then you Issue the input A-001 to input A-002, meanwhile, you workflow A-002 to a status which has assigned to 'Approved' tag, then the input in formulation A will automatically update to input A-002.

In your example, I am not sure what update of the material did you make? the system will not automatically update any basis information of the input until you click 'Refresh' from tools.

Thanks,

Jessie