This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2013 1:28 PM by John Spencer Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    BobKodomo Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

I fixed the problem. Thanks Asif.

• 16. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    EdStevens Guru

BobKodomo wrote:

Let me tell you one thing Ed Stevens. If you knew the simple answer of the question "what is the right command" you would answer with the command itself, not with these nonsense words. The case is that you don't know the answer,

I would rather lead people to learn how to solve problems for themselves.  Which you could have done had you read the relevant documentation.

Rather curious that you tagged your rant as the 'correct answer'.

• 17. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    BobKodomo Newbie

It was done by mistake. But as it can be seen so clear now is that  you expected me to give the right answer to you lol,  even if you just say nonsense words. Really very funny.  Do me a favor , please stay quiet. By the way, I gave the right answer that you wanted so much to Asif,  the only one who was really interested to help.

• 18. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    BobKodomo Newbie

Oracle did a very bad thing giving peolpe this Oracle ACE certification. So many stupid answer just to get some points added to get it . Many years ago, before I started working with SAP, I posted many threads in OTN, and that was very helpful. People that really understand Oracle were trying to help each other... Now there are many people just writing foolish answers in order to achieve the points to get the ACE certification as it's hapening right now.

• 19. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    L-MachineGun Pro

I must concur with EdStevens: you should read the fine Oracle manuals instead of expecting some expert to spoon-feed the commands to you.

Shame on you for your rants! Perhaps you are just lazy and want to take advantage of someone else's  hard earned expertize?

• 20. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    jgarry Guru

#!/bin/ksh

cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg

mv oraus.msg oraus.msgbak

awk ' BEGIN { FS=","} {if (NF==3) {print $1","$2",\042There are errors\042"} else {print $0}}' < oraus.msgbak > oraus.msg

There, I fixed it in one line.

• 21. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    EdStevens Guru

BobKodomo wrote:

It was done by mistake. But as it can be seen so clear now is that  you expected me to give the right answer to you lol,  even if you just say nonsense words. Really very funny.  Do me a favor , please stay quiet. By the way, I gave the right answer that you wanted so much to Asif,  the only one who was really interested to help.

Actually, I couldn't give a flying fig about points.  If you want to give them to someone else, that's perfectly fine with me.

As for your statement in your next rant -- "Oracle did a very bad thing giving peolpe this Oracle ACE certification. So many stupid answer just to get some points added to get it ."   I'm not sure who that was directed at.  There hasn't been any Ace's participating in this thread.  And there is zero, zilch, nada, nyet, null relationship between points and an Ace designation.

• 22. Re: Automatic restart services in 10gR2
    John Spencer Oracle ACE

I feel strangely compelled to throw my two cents in here

Ed gave you a perfectly reasonable and correct answer to your question about why you were getting error messages in 10G

I see that '-d' is not listed as a valid option for 'add asm'.  And 'listener' is not a valid option for the 'add' command.

He also provided a link to the srvctl documentation for 10G so you could see what is possible in 10G.

As Ed later said, there is no connection between participation on these forums and the ACE designation.  In fact, the majority of Oracle ACEs do not participate, or participate infrequently, on the forums.  You can find out about the program here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oracle-ace/index.html

John

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points