This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2013 4:52 AM by Walt K RSS

APEX pop-up textarea on form

Walt K Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I am trying to create a "link" on a tabular form to an Impromptu pop-up for a textarea. I was using Dan McGhan's guide on his blog Dan McGhan's Oracle Blog: Popup In Report. Admittedly the explanation is a few years old. So maybe it does not work any longer.

It does display the pop-up correctly. But it does not update the database column. Nor does a value appear associated with the hidden field. I believe I have the code customized correctly. The ID of the column is F02. And the item for the text area is F10 in my case.

I've set it up here. The credentials are DEMO/DEMO. Thanks.

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=24670:1:12769172543530:::::  

• 1. Re: APEX pop-up textarea on form
    svk1965 Newbie

Hi Walt:

Is it possible for you to share your workspace name and give DEMO the rights to modify the app?  I looked at your app, but without seeing what is going on behind it, it is hard to give you any advice.

Regards, Scott

• 2. Re: APEX pop-up textarea on form
    Walt K Newbie

Scott

Workspace Kirspel, DEMO now is a developer.

Thanks.

Walt

• 3. Re: APEX pop-up textarea on form
    Tommy Newbie

Hi WaltK

Can i have developer User in your Workspace i promise Dont Change Any Thing In you Workspace

• 4. Re: APEX pop-up textarea on form
    vdsadhi Journeyer

I checked using firebug. If i type something and clicked ok button in pop-up window means It (the value) should populate into the hidden item(f10) in your case. but the hidden item is not getting populated. I am not able to login into your workspace as a developer. Can plz check, how you are populating the value from pop-up text field to hidden item?..

If the value populated in hidden item then definitely it will store in database column.

Also i checked in Dan McGhan's example for this using firebug. There the value is populated to hidden item. I think you missed something for populating the hidden item. Plz check.

If you can share your workspace details as a developer.

Thanks

Lakshmi

• 5. Re: APEX pop-up textarea on form
    Walt K Newbie

Lakshmi,

My timing is terrible. I hadn't had a response on this so Saturday night I turned off developer access for my DEMO account.

I've now reset it to developer. Workspace KIRSPEL. Username DEMO. Password DEMO.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points