This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 1:00 AM by Dimitar Slavov RSS

Print Diagram for Sub-Views

Guess2 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Sql Developer 3.3 (latest version).

I have a large logical model.

Broke it up into sub-views.

I need to save these images so I can add them to a document. The sub-views are sized so each can fit on a page of a word document.

Is there a way to save these images all at the same time? The only way I can see to do it is

print diagram->image for each one. Even if I do 'pdf' it is all of them.

I dont want the main logical model since its a big dump of entities that is unreadable. Id really like to be able to save all of my sub-views at once to 1 .pdf  where each image is on its own page.

• 1. Re: Print Diagram for Sub-Views
    Kent Graziano Oracle ACE Director

If you do export to reporting schema, at the bottom if that dialog is a check box to Export Diagrams as PDF. That will generate PDFs for all the diagrams in a design.

Not sure how to do it without setting up the reporting schema. All oyu need is a user with resource privileges to point the export to and it will automatically create the repository tables.

(Worse case load the free Oracle XE database on your workstation/laptop and build it there.)

• 2. Re: Print Diagram for Sub-Views
    Dimitar Slavov Journeyer

Hi,

You can't print multiple diagrams in single PDF file from DM. What you can do is print a report (any output format). All diagrams will be exported as separate PDF files in sub directory of your reporting directory. Then you can use external application like PDFMerge http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfmerge/ to merge them in single PDF.

And the exact diagrams can be chosen with creating of subviews in report configuration.

Hope it helps

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points