6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 6:36 AM by Anindya Gayen RSS

Problem facing when calling a JAX WS WSDL

Anindya Gayen

Hi,

I have a simple JAVA WS , deployed in a server and I want to call it from ODI , the JAVA Class takes some inputs as input Parameter and writes the data into the DB.

I didn't use any explicit XSD for designing the WS, WS has it own inline schema.

definitions targetNamespace="http://ws.test.com/" name="TestWSService"><types><xsd:schema><xsd:import namespace="http://ws.test.com/" schemaLocation="http://localhost:7001/Test-context-root/TestPort?xsd=1"/></xsd:schema></types>

When I am using clicking on Connect to WSDL from OdiInvokeWebService tool from the Advance Editor, it is giving an error as ODI-20362:Couldn't connect to web Service, In the detailed description it is showing as

"This URL does not point to a valid WSDL"

I am not getting why I am getting such error, any help is highly appreciable.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Problem facing when calling a JAX WS WSDL
          Anindya Gayen

Can pls anyone help me with the above problem.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Problem facing when calling a JAX WS WSDL
            Anindya Gayen

Hi,

Pls help with the above problem.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Problem facing when calling a JAX WS WSDL
              $anty

Hi Anindya,

Is your Weblogic server/ application server up and running?  It should be running.

Also, are you able to access the URL in browser ?  If No, then the issue is not from ODI side.

Check this: Use Web service as a sources for ODI

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Santy.

• 4. Re: Problem facing when calling a JAX WS WSDL
                $anty

This one may also be helpful.

Error using odiinvokewebservice tool

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Problem facing when calling a JAX WS WSDL
                  Anindya Gayen

Hi ,

Can anyone pls help me.

Inspite of changing proxy information in its preference dialog of ODI still I am getting the same error when trying to invoke a JAX_WS wsdl with inline schema.

ODI-20362: Couldn't connect to web Service.

In the detailed part I am getting as follows:

com.sunopsis.wsinvocation.SnpsWSInvocationException: com.sunopsis.wsinvocation.SnpsWSInvocationException: This URL does not point to a valid WSDL

at com.sunopsis.wsinvocation.client.WebServiceFactory.getParserIstance(WebServiceFactory.java:95)

at com.sunopsis.wsinvocation.client.WebServiceFactory.getParserIstance(WebServiceFactory.java:126)

at com.sunopsis.graphical.wsclient.RequestWsPane$17.doInBackground(RequestWsPane.java:1691)

at com.sunopsis.graphical.tools.utils.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:240)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:139)

at com.sunopsis.graphical.tools.utils.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:279)

at oracle.ide.dialogs.ProgressBar.run(ProgressBar.java:656)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: com.sunopsis.wsinvocation.SnpsWSInvocationException: This URL does not point to a valid WSDL

at oracle.odi.wsinvocation.client.impl.jaxws.OdiJaxwsParserImpl.setWsdlUrl(OdiJaxwsParserImpl.java:132)

at com.sunopsis.wsinvocation.client.WebServiceFactory.getParserIstance(WebServiceFactory.java:89)

... 8 more

Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Error importing schemas: java.io.IOException: Unable to parse schema at 'http://172.18.41.47:7001/GenericErrorHandlerWSApp-GenericErrorHandlerWS-context-root/ErrorHandlerWSPort?xsd=1': Expected 'EOF'.

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.extensions.schema.SchemaSerializer.unmarshall(SchemaSerializer.java:76)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.extensions.ParseUtils.createExtensibilityElement(ParseUtils.java:112)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseTypes(WSDLReaderImpl.java:1505)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinition(WSDLReaderImpl.java:790)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(WSDLReaderImpl.java:707)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(WSDLReaderImpl.java:656)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(WSDLReaderImpl.java:648)

at oracle.odi.wsinvocation.client.impl.jaxws.OdiJaxwsParserImpl.setWsdlUrl(OdiJaxwsParserImpl.java:128)

... 9 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to parse schema at 'http://172.18.41.47:7001/GenericErrorHandlerWSApp-GenericErrorHandlerWS-context-root/ErrorHandlerWSPort?xsd=1': Expected 'EOF'.

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.extensions.schema.SchemaSerializer.readSchemaFile(SchemaSerializer.java:186)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.extensions.schema.SchemaSerializer.loadReference(SchemaSerializer.java:138)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.extensions.schema.SchemaSerializer.processImportIncludeRedefine(SchemaSerializer.java:108)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.extensions.schema.SchemaSerializer.unmarshall(SchemaSerializer.java:73)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.extensions.ParseUtils.createExtensibilityElement(ParseUtils.java:115)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseTypes(WSDLReaderImpl.java:1505)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinition(WSDLReaderImpl.java:790)

at oracle.j2ee.ws.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(WSDLReaderImpl.java:708)

... 12 more

• 6. Re: Problem facing when calling a JAX WS WSDL
                    Anindya Gayen

This problem is solved.

I have just changed the WSDL's IP address to the hostname where the server is installed.

So if it doesn't work with IP Address, change it to host name and click on Connect to WSDL button in the advanced section of OdiInvokeWebService tool.

Thanks to all for sharing the relevant documents.