6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 9:33 AM by joelkallman-Oracle RSS

APEX 4.2.2 Upgrade Errors

Rick Weiss

I am trying to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.2.2 on SE - ran the apexins.sql fine

when running @apxldimg, i gave the full path to the images directory

after learning of my error I tried to rerun the load to the correct path description and got this error string

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

ORA-29861: domain index is marked LOADING/FAILED/UNUSABLE

ORA-06512: at "XDB.DBMS_XDB", line 473

ORA-06512: at line 9

ORA-06512: at line 37

How do I recover from here, I cannot get the apxldimg script to run

Message was edited by: user8846239 further investigation shows the index affected is SYS.XDB$RESOURCE_CTX_I

• 1. Re: APEX 4.2.2 Upgrade Errors
          Rick Weiss

• 2. Re: APEX 4.2.2 Upgrade Errors

Hi "user8846239",

Quite honestly, it looks like you may have an issue with XDB itself.  When you query the DBA_REGISTRY, what status do you have for the comp_id = 'XDB'?

• 3. Re: APEX 4.2.2 Upgrade Errors
              Rick Weiss

Oracle XDK

VALID       28-MAY-2013 15:25:33 SERVER                         SYS

SYS                            XMLVALIDATE

Oracle XML Database

VALID       28-MAY-2013 15:29:50 SERVER                         SYS

XDB                            DBMS_REGXDB.VALIDATEXDB

• 4. Re: APEX 4.2.2 Upgrade Errors

Hi "user8846239",

Interesting result.  I looked in the Support database for any similar types of issues, and while I can't guarantee that this is exactly the same issue, you should examine Doc ID 560202.1 for a similar type of issue.

You may wish to also run the query:

select owner, index_name, status, domidx_status, domidx_opstatus

from dba_indexes

where domidx_opstatus is not null;

to determine which index in XDB is invalid, which is causing this error.

• 5. Re: APEX 4.2.2 Upgrade Errors
                  Rick Weiss

OWNER                          INDEX_NAME                     STATUS   DOMIDX_STATU DOMIDX

------------------------------ ------------------------------ -------- ------------ ------

XDB                            XDBHI_IDX                      VALID    VALID        VALID

XDB                            XDB$ACL_XIDX                   VALID    VALID        VALID

SYS                            XDB$RESOURCE_CTX_I             VALID    VALID        FAILED

• 6. Re: APEX 4.2.2 Upgrade Errors

Hi "user8846239",

alter index xdb.XDB$RESOURCE_CTX_I rebuild;

And then try your image load again.