2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 4:27 AM by vivalavida RSS

RAC One Node: when shutting down via SQL*Plus...

vivalavida

Hi ,

I've installed RAC One Node for the first time and currently playing around with it to get better to know. The underlying cluster has two nodes, let's call them NODE_A and NODE_B.

The cluster database itself is called DEVELOP, instance DEVELOP_1 is running on node NODE_A, instance DEVELOP_2 is supposed to run on NODE_B. The preferred node is

NODE_A.

When testing database online relcation everything works as expected: instance DEVELOP_1 gets shutdown on node NODE_A - instance DEVELOP_2 gets started on NODE_B.

But when shutting down instance DEVELOP_1 on NODE_A with SQL*Plus I was astonished about the result:

- it was not instance DEVELOP_2 which got started on NODE_B - it was instance DEVELOP_1!  (Due to this my Coud Control got changed - but that's not the issue of this discussion).

My questions now are:

- is the clusterware responsible for the behaviour of starting instance DEVELOP_1 on NODE_B when I shut down instance DEVELOP_1 down on NODE_A via SQL*Plus?

- and were is this behaviour documented? I went through the RAC One Node documentation but couldn't find anything helpful

Any help will be appreciated.

Rgds

Jan