rename TABLE1 to be TABLE2
CREATE TABLE TABLE1 as the partitioned table
I don't want to make changes to table1, there are applications using it in nonprod. Without impacting anyone I want table2 to be created and run performance analzer
Why not do the following:
1. Create a new schema
2. Create synonyms in new schema for objects in the original schema except for table1
3. CTAS table1 in new schema as a partitioned table
4. Unpack the tuning set in new schema.
Not possible because there are already public synonyms on table1 and is used all over the place. And no point creating private synonym as I am not sure if the SPA will run from my schema.
What I am looking for here is to know if I can modify my SQLs in the tuning set. I know of above mentioned alternatives but it wont work in my scenario.
Why ever not!
1. You create a new user with the appropriate privileges
2. Logon as the new user and create private synonmys (if public ones do not exist) for the objects you need to use
3. Either import a sql set or create a sqlset.
4. Create and execute an analysis task - this will be your baseline
5. Build test1 table as a partitioned table in the new schema - this will override the public synonym
6. Execute an analysis task - this will be your post change run
7. Compare results.