This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 6:20 AM by riedelme RSS

Apply "WHERE CONDITION" in "MASTER/DETAIL FORM" in "ORACLE APEX

uzairmalik Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi to all respected Gurus of this community.

I have a problem and I hope that there must be solution in this community and I am not aware of that till now.

I have a master/detail form in Oracle Application Express. Now, I want to apply a where condition in master-form to filter the data as per requirement but I cannot do so.
There is an option of "Modify Query" in "Query Definition". According to the instructions I am selecting the desired column (HR_Category) in left and providing text string 'M-9' in the right column to filter the data where HR_Category is M-9, and when I press apply changes, it gives me an error that

"1 error has occurred

The condition you are adding has caused the query to be invalid."

Please help how to proceed to apply a where condition.

Regards

Muhammad Uzair Awan

Oracle APEX Programmer

Pakistan

• 1. Re: Apply "WHERE CONDITION" in "MASTER/DETAIL FORM" in "ORACLE APEX
    riedelme Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

uzairmalik wrote:

Hi to all respected Gurus of this community.

I have a problem and I hope that there must be solution in this community and I am not aware of that till now.

I have a master/detail form in Oracle Application Express. Now, I want to apply a where condition in master-form to filter the data as per requirement but I cannot do so.
    There is an option of "Modify Query" in "Query Definition". According to the instructions I am selecting the desired column (HR_Category) in left and providing text string 'M-9' in the right column to filter the data where HR_Category is M-9, and when I press apply changes, it gives me an error that

"1 error has occurred

The condition you are adding has caused the query to be invalid."

Please help how to proceed to apply a where condition.

Regards

Muhammad Uzair Awan

Oracle APEX Programmer

Pakistan

Probably a syntax error.  Check the syntax of the new clause very carefully.

Can you post the query indicating which predicate is the new one?  If you need to change the column and table names for confidentiality

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points