1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 1:21 PM by Mario Mesaglio

information flows

Stupify

I am fairly new to web services on SOA Suite and want to get an understanding of how the information flows. we have some backend systems that are exposed to our system either via JDBC or EJB calls. As a middleware application we normally perform some transformations, validations and basic checks on the data to and from these systems. In the olden golden days of WebLogic Integration, we would just have Java EAO/DAO [EJB/Data access objects] classes that would perform the earlier mentioned operations on the data.

With the SOA Suite the paradigm changes quite a lot for us. I want to understand the following, using SOA Suite:

1) What's the best way to perform the above for JDBC calls?

2) What's the best way to perform the above for EJB calls?

3) If I were to create session beans for either or both, expose them as a web service and have the SOA Suite call those web services, would it be a reasonable solution?

4) For #3, would the session bean based web service and the SOA Suite run on the same JVM if they are located in the same Managed server?

5) For #3, how would the information flow with both session bean and SOA Suite on the same managed server - please include low level details such as http calls involving network communication or ...?

Thanks for all the information you can provide.

• 1. Re: information flows
          Mario Mesaglio

Hello,

Lets go item by item :

1. Using JCA DB Adapters (From OSB or SCA Application)
            • If you use the solution i propoused on item nr 2-A, i would make a EJB-Business for each EJB and then make a Local Proxy for each Business made this way. Then its up to you building further PS that would expose the Local PS in any way you require (HTTP/HTTPs, JMS, SB, Etc.).
            • If you use the solution i propoused on item nr 2-B, you can make Service-Binding components and a Mediator Component to expose the EJB Service i mentioned , they way as you need, and apply any transformation/translation/error handling requiered.
            • In both ways you can abstract the EJB message model from potential clients and also expose its functionality in a more canonical way (Message and Transport scoped).
          2. I would preffer a more ADMIN-Based user to answer this question.
          3. Same as 4

Please tell me if you need further help or examples.

Regards.