This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 7:22 AM by DanielAndino RSS

Error when installing apex 4.2.2

DanielAndino Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I know it's a quite new version of APEX but we have decided to upgrade our current version (4.1.1) to the new 4.2.2.

I downloaded it from this link (OTN).

I unzipped downloaded file in: /usr/lib/oracle/xe/ (Renamed previous APEX version folder to "apex4.1.1").

Then I followed steps listed in this link in order to get APEX upgraded to 4.2.2 version.

After a few minutes, the installation process failed with below error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alter package wwv_flow_security compile body

Error at line1:

ORA-04021: timeout ocurred while waiting to lock object

APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_SECURITY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have checked through database and found that  this package (APEX_040200.WWV_FLOW_SECURITY) is locked by that user (APEX_040200).

It seems that something is wrong with the installation process as it creates the APEX_040200 and then its package WWV_FLOW_SECURITY.

I have reverted this installation. This process includes dropping APEX_040200 user using cascade mode. So I made sure that all db objects were deleted for that user. Then I re-run installation process with no luck. I got same error message.

Have you ever experienced this kind of error during APEX upgrade process? Am I missing some step before running this process?

I really appreciate your help on this!!

Daniel.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points