3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2013 10:02 AM by user12273962 RSS

EBS R12 on 11.2.03 RAC Scan Listener and INSTANCE_NAME

user12273962

I am trying to get our test R12 instance to use the scan listener of a 2 node rac. Autocofig is failing and I've tracked it down to an issue with the tnsnames.ora file and the "instance_name" string. If I point the tnsnames file (by using the include file) to a database VIP of the rac node it works fine. Yet, if I point it to the scan listener and still use the "instance_name" connection string. It will fail. If I remove just the
      instance_name string it will work fine. The database instance_name matches what is the tnsnames file.

It appears the scan listener is not accepting the "instance_name" value. Has anyone seen this before. Here are the examples.

This works

TEST =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = test-cluster-scan.somewhere.com)(PORT = 1521))

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

(SERVICE_NAME = test.somewhere.com)

)

)

but this doesn't

TEST =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = test-cluster-scan.somewhere.com)(PORT = 1521))

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

(INSTANCE_NAME = TEST1)

)

)

This also works (instance_name is included)

TEST =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = testracnode1-vip.somewhere.com)(PORT = 1521))

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

(INSTANCE_NAME = TEST1)

)

)

The scan listener doesn't like the instance_name value. Thanks for the help.