This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 6:50 AM by rukbat RSS

Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For EMC San Migration

sunshine_deepu Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I need to perform a EMC SAN migration from Hitachi to EMC VMAX and need some help on

1. the Solaris cluster shutdown sequence

2. firmware upgrade steps on Solaris cluster

3. cleanup steps for moving the volumes from old luns to new array once ( cleaning the old lun information before shutting down the nodes and configuring the new lun information after the migration is complete and bring-up the nodes back online)

• 1. Re: Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For EMC San Migration
    rukbat Guru Moderator

You cross-posted this same question to at least one other forum web site:

http://www.unix.com/solaris/232261-need-help-solaris-cluster-steps-san-migration.html

Proper forum etiquette would have you be polite and mention that fact so that people wouldn't spend time preparing a response that you might have already received elsewhere.   That would be a waste of their time.

All you needed to do was paste a link to the other post.

(You need to do that EVERYWHERE you cross-post to follow good etiquette.)

• 2. Re: Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For EMC San Migration
    sunshine_deepu Newbie

Hi Rukbat,

Yes I did post it in two different places but my idea was to reach out different people in different forums and I would have posted the info in other forums as soon as I find the right solution.

I am SAN admin and this is my first time working with Solaris. Anyways Thanks for the advice, will follow it from next time

• 3. Re: Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For EMC San Migration
    rukbat Guru Moderator

sunshine_deepu wrote:

Hi Rukbat,

Yes I did post it in two different places but my idea was to reach out different people in different forums

Yes, that is what every person that has ever cross-posted has ever said when they do it.

and I would have posted the info in other forums as soon as I find the right solution.

That is fine.

The vast majority of other people that cross-post do not ever bother to do that.

That is why I responded with the guidance to etiquette.

I am SAN admin and this is my first time working with Solaris. Anyways Thanks for the advice, will follow it from next time

We will all look forward to that result.

Many people that never join a discussion thread will read forum posts to learn.

We can hope that you will be able to teach them from your experiences.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points