This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2013 10:51 AM by dirkmanuel RSS

Assessment / Question Templates

JoePCC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have created a custom publishing style, asessment template and question template.

Choosing the publishing style is easy - you simply pick it in the publishinbg wizard.

Howvever, with the other templates I have followed the reccommendations from the UPK documentation:

Copy the standard template

Rename the copy

Customise the copy.

...but I can't find a way of specifying which template I want to use whilst publishing. Any ideas?

(I can copy the standard and customise the original and that works fine, but that will be overwritten as we upgrade)

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Assessment / Question Templates
    JoePCC Newbie

- update

It looks like the the templates act as linked documents - you can move them around in the library, and you can rename them, but it is still that template that is used when you publish.

So my question becomes - where is that document linked and can you change that link?

If you can't then the published guidance is NOT clear or accurate. What you would need to do is:

1. Copy the template to create a backup

2. Rename the ORIGINAL

3. Modify the ORIGINAL

If anyone can clarify that'd be fantastic!

• 2. Re: Assessment / Question Templates
    dirkmanuel Newbie

I think you're correct. Unless Oracle just forgot to add a Template property to the Assessment / Question objeects, there is no way to tell it to use another template - it will always use "Standard".

• 3. Re: Assessment / Question Templates
    dirkmanuel Newbie

Actually, if you go into the source file for the Question (in the Local Repository) then you will find a statement:<QuestionTemplate>0a9ee099-ee19-4bbf-b14b-7efefcc119d4</QuestionTemplate>. You could always manually change this. i wouldn't recommend it, but it does at least show that the functionality is theoreticaly there...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points