10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 7:19 AM by riedelme RSS

score

HiraMuntaha

why am not getting increase in my scores?

• 1. Re: score

Your post has been moved from the Java Patterns & OO Design forum space to the Community Feedback & Suggestions forum space for proper topic alignment.

• 2. Re: score
            EdStevens

HiraMuntaha wrote:

why am not getting increase in my scores?

If you are talking about forum points, why are you expecting them to increase?  You have to have others mark your replies as 'helpful' or 'correct'.

And who gives a flying fig?  Those points plus an AARP card will get you a discount on coffee at Hardy's.

• 3. Re: score
              SomeoneElse

If you don't think your score is high enough, just do like this guy did and award *yourself* some points!

https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2563449

• 4. Re: score
                PhHein

You cannot award yourself points! He just marked his question answered.

• 5. Re: score
                  SomeoneElse

Ah, I see.

• 6. Re: score
                    jgarry

Yesterday the cashier at Pollo Loco gave me a senior discount without me asking

• 7. Re: score
                      Barbara Boehmer

jgarry wrote:

I usually forget to ask.  Only one place gave it to me automatically.  Nobody has asked for identification to prove it yet.  I am happy to get the discount.  I don't use hair dye, so that is probably the biggest giveaway.  At least I'd like to think it's that and not something else.  When you are young you hope you look older and when you get older you hope you look younger.

• 8. Re: score
                        BluShadow

PhHein wrote:

You cannot award yourself points! He just marked his question answered.

An OP can also mark their own responses as correct/helpful, but they don't get any points from it.  Not a bad feature as, if they find the solution themselves, they can post it up and let people know it's the correct solution to their question.

• 9. Re: score
                          EdStevens

jgarry wrote:

And yet you still get 'carded' when ordering a drink with your meal ....

• 10. Re: score
                            riedelme

jgarry wrote:

I hate it when that happens