This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 6:04 PM by algibson RSS

Excel functionality within Primavera

DougBPWHI Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm looking for someone to help me understand how versital this patch is with the newer versions of Primavera.  Can anyone guide me to some information, maybe some slide show presentations? Thanks for the help!

• 1. Re: Excel functionality within Primavera
    algibson Journeyer

Hi Doug,

I think we're going to need a bit more info to help you.

What patch?

What version of Primavera?

What excel functionality?

Regards

Alex

• 2. Re: Excel functionality within Primavera
    DougBPWHI Newbie

I was part of a short teleconference held in/around 2010 about a later version of Primavera (thought it might have been 9.0) having the ability to run Excel directly within the software. In the powerpoint that came with the conference invite, specific buttons were highlighted to show where the new excel features were placed within Primavera.  I'm brand new in the discussion forums and thought this would be as good of a place as any to try to get a little more information as to whether or not that was a beta test or if there was actually going to be a version that will contain the Excel functionality.

Thank you for the quick response.

Doug

• 3. Re: Excel functionality within Primavera
    algibson Journeyer

Hi,

Sorry to say it's not a function that myself or my colleagues have seen of, at least not in Primavera P6.

It 'touches' excel in a few ways - mainly import/export or the sdk utilities, Contract Management has an Export to Excel feature but as far as i'm aware there is no direct excel/P6 integration. It sounds like a feature that didn't make it into the product.

Certainly welcome to be proven wrong by another poster so that I can learn of a new feature

Regards

Alex

• 4. Re: Excel functionality within Primavera
    DougBPWHI Newbie

Alex,

Thanks for your feedback. May I ask you what your title is?  I'm looking to be part of a solid communications network regarding the advancement of Primavera to keep up with modern day big business models within heavy industrial construction.  I'd like to keep in contact in hopes to learn more about the program and what's available, how other companies, industries, etc. use the software to develop a sound output from their orginization.  If you'd be interested in keeping in touch, please let me know.

Thanks again for your help.

Doug

• 5. Re: Excel functionality within Primavera
    algibson Journeyer

Hi Doug,

My title is Senior Technical Consultant i've worked with Primavera for about 10-11 years.

I'd be happy to stay in touch, if you want to send me a PM i can send you my email.

Regards

Alex

• 6. Re: Excel functionality within Primavera
    DougBPWHI Newbie

That's great to hear and I'm looking forward to it!  I'm currently at the BP Whiting Refinery in Indiana and I've been working with Primavera for about 6 years now.  I've built schedules and project controls in various projects for US Steel, Constellation Energy, BP, SeverCorr to name a few.  BP Whiting has just elected me to their Primavera Governance Board, and outside of that role I am also a consultant to their Cycle Ending and Non-Cycle Ending Turnarounds as well as one of their routine maintenance schedulers.  I can be reached at anytime at douglas.lew@bp.com.

Thanks again for the opportunity to stay in touch.

Douglas Lew

• 7. Re: Excel functionality within Primavera
    algibson Journeyer

Hi Doug,

I'm based in Perth, Western Australia - worked with BP Kwinana Refinery in the past as well as most of the major Mining/Oil&Gas here in Australia as they pretty much all use P6.

My email is gibsona at redrock.net.au

Regards

Alex

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points