3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2013 11:49 PM by Soofi RSS

Vertically Centering data in a field in Oracle Reports 10g

Hello Everyone,

I'm utilizing Oracle Reports 10g, and need to be able to vertically center the data.  Horizontal of course is easy, but how do i center it vertically as well?

thank you,

steven

• 1. Re: Vertically Centering data in a field in Oracle Reports 10g
          InoL

That is a bit more tricky indeed. There is no property for this, so you have to come up with a workaround. I have done this using anchors.

Say you want this layout

Header 1Header 2

Hello

Hello world

I have more lines

in this cell

Both fields should have the Vertical Elasticity set to Variable. Now anchor column 1 to column 2. Set the Parent and Child edges to 50%.

That should do it.

Hmm, the table layout is a bit different after posting. When editing it looks like how I want it to look. Hope you understand what I mean, though

• 2. Re: Vertically Centering data in a field in Oracle Reports 10g

InoL,

thank you for the response.  I set the vertical to variable on both columns, then i connected them as described with an anchor and I receive the following error:

"REP-3104: Anchors and matrices cannot be scaled separately from their associated objects."

i can say OK, then go one as you indicated, however, there is no change in the column that i would like to have centered vertically.

sincerely,

steven

• 3. Re: Vertically Centering data in a field in Oracle Reports 10g
              Soofi

Hi,

If you are going to vertically scale your objects, then you can opt for separate main frames for the fields so that it can arrange the fields in whatever position you want.

Draw a main frame and place the field you want to scale in that now the object is vertically scaled when you run the report.

OR

Place the repeating frame over a main frame and set the stretch with frame property. So that it will expand automatically.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Soofi