3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2013 4:54 AM by Patrick Wolf-Oracle RSS

reset_image_prefix.sql doesn't work

user12978202

Hello,

My DB has two instances with two different versions of apex loaded. One is version 4.1.1 (working fine) and I decided to upgrade the other from 4.1.1 to 4.2. I created a new location entry in the httpd.conf file in my ohs instance to point to the new 4.2 instance referencing a new image Alias on the server. When I installed APEX 4.2 I pointed the images directory parameter to the new Alias 'i42' but it doesn't work. All of the applications are still referencing /i/

I did run the script reset_image_prefix.sql with /i42/ as input parameter, but the applications are still referencing /i/.

There was a similar discussion in October 2012 and Patrick Wolf wrote about a bug# 14785456.

But the BUG seems not to be fixed?

After executeing the script Iget:

SQL> select text from dba_source where owner='APEX_040200' and lower (name) ='wwv_flow_image_prefix';

TEXT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

package wwv_flow_image_prefix

is

g_image_prefix       constant varchar2(255) := '/i42/';

end wwv_flow_image_prefix;

4 rows selected.

Is there any workaround?

regards,

Carola

• 1. Re: reset_image_prefix.sql doesn't work
          Patrick Wolf-Oracle

Hi Carola,

which exact version of APEX 4.2 are you using? Are you using the last 4.2.2? Because that includes the fix you referenced. After installing that version or the patch set, we will automatically clear all application level image prefixes if they are identical to the current instance image prefix. So in your case you should set the image prefix back to /i/, install the patch set and then call reset_image_prefix again to set the instance setting to /i42/.

Joel has some useful information on this blog (YABAOAE) Yet Another Blog About Oracle Application Express: Image Prefix changes in Oracle Application Express 4.2.2

Some background information about reset_image_prefix.sql. That never changed the image prefix used in applications, only the image prefix for our Builder application.

Regards

Patrick

Member of the APEX development team

My Blog: http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com

APEX Plug-Ins: http://apex.oracle.com/plugins

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/patrickwolf

Message was edited by: PatrickWolf

• 2. Re: reset_image_prefix.sql doesn't work
            user12978202

Hello Patrick,

thank you very much for your very quick and helpful answer.

Yes, I use APEX 4.2.2.

What resolved my problem was:

Downgrade to APEX 4.1, upgrade again with /i/ as parameter and execute the script  reset_image_prefix.sql with /i42/ afterwards.

But one question remains: why can't I set the image prefix in the upgrade script with:

@apexins.sql tablespace_apex tablespace_files tablespace_temp /i42/

regards,

Carola

• 3. Re: reset_image_prefix.sql doesn't work
              Patrick Wolf-Oracle

Hi Carola,

But one question remains: why can't I set the image prefix in the upgrade script with:

@apexins.sql tablespace_apex tablespace_files tablespace_temp /i42/

In the future you will be able to do that because the meta data's of the applications are now fixed (don't have a local image prefix anymore), but in the progress of upgrading to 4.2.2 that doesn't work, because by setting a different instance image prefix our data migration scripts don't know anymore that all the local application image prefixes have actually been the same as the original instance image prefix. That's why no migration is performed, because we don't want to destroy application data which might intentionally has been set to some other image prefix.

Regards

Patrick