This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 12:44 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Pass Rate on 1Z0-533?

970470 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, I am inquring on how many of my colleagues have passed the Hyperion Planning certification (1Z0-533)? I have taken it a few times and, thought I walked away passing only to be disappointed of failing. I purchased several Test prep engines offered on the internet thinking memorizing answers would help and, it didn't. I read Hyperion Planning book by Enti Sandeep Reddy and, practiced on a demo site and, that didn't work. I am confused as to what to do now. Do I buy the Oracle training for $3,000 USD? I don't know anyone who has passed this test yet and, honestly, it seems odd they will not tell you what questions you got wrong only the subjects. Can anyone share their story or advice. I would appreciate it. I am serious about becoming a certified Planning professional but, this test is not easy. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Pass Rate on 1Z0-533?
    rukbat Guru Moderator

Moderator Action:

Your post has been moved from the B.I. Planning & Budgeting forum space,

to the OTN Community Certification forum space,

for closer topic alignment.

• 2. Re: Pass Rate on 1Z0-533?
    Brandye Barrington Expert

It may be that this is simply a very difficult exam. Purchasing and memorizing dumps (cheating materials) is not preparing for your exam. Did you leave the test feeling good about the answers because you knew that you could perform successfully in a relevant job role, or did you leave feeling like you'd remembered the correct answers from your dump. Dumps/cheating materials tend to very unreliable.

The best option to prepare for the exam is to take the recommended training and prepare using legitimate training materials and documentation as well as practice.

I know it seems like it makes sense to show you the questions you missed at the close of the test but from out point of view, doing so would expose our questions and answers. Therefore, we tell you how you did on each topic area so that you can go back to that area and do a little more prep.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington

Certification Forum Moderator

• 3. Re: Pass Rate on 1Z0-533?
    970470 Newbie

Thank you Brandye for replying. I left the exam feeling good that I passed. I was able to finish the questions with over 50 minutes left on the exam. I know there were some, I was not comfortable with but, not at the point where I would miss 23 or more of the 66 questions on the exam because, I thought I did enough to pass. I prepared by reviewing the book I mentioned and, practicing on a demo site that was created. I really wished I could see the questions or at least the questions I got wrong so, I can review the direct issue.  I will schedule and prepare diligently to pass. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Pass Rate on 1Z0-533?
    Brandye Barrington Expert

I suggest that you have a look at your score report and see which topics show as the ones that you performed poorly on, on the exam. This will give you some direction as to how to prepare for your next attempt. I also urge you to check CertGuard Search to ensure that any practice tests you use are valid and are not brain dump sites.

Good luck on your next attempt!

Regards,

Brandye Barrington

Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points