This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2013 9:07 AM by matthew_morris RSS

OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.

PrashantDixit Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

* Writing on behalf of one of my close friend who don't have OTN profile/id.

Reason: Seems a valid question to ask.

Hi ,

My name is Yatish and I'm working as a DBA with one of the leading MNC based in India from past 3 years.

I've learned a lot while working in production environment and and rest is by following/reading blogs, websites and through Oracle Press books for my OCP.

So, I did my OCP exam (1z0-043 : 10g)  some days ago.

Now when I'm done with my exam, in order to receive certificate & OCP card I'll have to submit a 'Course Form' which requires 'Authorization Code' but as I've prepared by my own, i don't have any Authorization Code with me.

I'm not sure what to do.

Please Help!

Thanks

Yatish

• 1. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    Hemant K Chitale Oracle ACE

You should raise your question in the Certification forum :  https://forums.oracle.com/community/developer/english/technology_network_community/certification

You need to have attended at least 1 Instructor-led training at an authorized training institute before you can get your OCP.

See the Professional Certification Path at http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=458&get_params=p_track_id:Datab10g

Hemant K Chitale

• 2. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    JohnWatson Guru

I'm always pleased to hear that my Oracle Press exam guide books were helpful. Unfortunately for you, Oracle Corporation will not award you the official title of "OCP" unless you attend one Oracle Uni course. It can be virtually any course on the database curriculum, if I were you I would choose 12c New Features For Administrators.

In the meantime, you will probably find that most employers will accept that having passed the exams is enough.

• 3. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    bigdelboy Pro

PrashantDixit wrote:

* Writing on behalf of one of my close friend who don't have OTN profile/id.

Reason: Seems a valid question to ask.

Hi ,

My name is Yatish and I'm working as a DBA with one of the leading MNC based in India from past 3 years.

I've learned a lot while working in production environment and and rest is by following/reading blogs, websites and through Oracle Press books for my OCP.

So, I did my OCP exam (1z0-043 : 10g)  some days ago.

Now when I'm done with my exam, in order to receive certificate & OCP card I'll have to submit a 'Course Form' which requires 'Authorization Code' but as I've prepared by my own, i don't have any Authorization Code with me.

I'm not sure what to do.

Please Help!

Thanks

Yatish

When a DBA with one of the leading MNC's based in India who has passed the DBA 10g exams doesn't have an OTN profile I believe it is valid to suppose there is something wrong somewhere.  Perhaps it is with the candidate, perhaps it is with the MNC, perhaps it is Oracle communications, perhaps it is my thought processes, and perhaps it is something else, but this senario feels akin to a table without a primary key.

• 4. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    FreddieEssex Pro

Presumably your friend is already an OCA and he has now done the 1z0-043 exam to get his OCP

To become OCP he has to attend one of the training courses.  I don't think there is any way round it.  I guess you could email Oracle Education but I suspect they will give you the same answer.

Oracle Database 10g Administrator

• 5. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    Brandye Barrington Expert

In addition to the previous helpful responses, you won't need an authorization code. Those codes are only required for Instructors and OCMs. You'll be able to submit the course form using the course info you should have (course name, city, enrollment ID).

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington

Certification Forum Moderator

• 6. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    PrashantDixit Newbie

Hi Brandye,

Thanks for replying!

On Pearson VUE website if you select 'Submit Course Form' it brings below provided options with check boxes ...

What type of certification track requirement did you complete? 

ILT = Instructor Led Training
    LVC = Live Virtual Class
    LWC = Live Web Class
    TOD = Training On Demand (You are required to enter the TOD order # in the next screen)
    Instructor (I have verifiable teaching duties that include one or more OU training courses)

Authentication Code*  

I'm sorry but i was referring to the last text box named 'Authentication Code'

Where i can get the list of all Oracle authorized training centers in India ?

Thanks

Yatish Khanna

DOP

• 7. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    matthew_morris Expert

That's what Brandye was referring to.  That box goes with the item above it: "Instructor (I have verifiable teaching duties that include one or more OU training courses)"

Since you are not an instructor, you leave it blank.

• 8. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    PrashantDixit Newbie

HI,

Now when i didn't attended any training for my exam (1Z0- 043), what to fill in 'Training Facility Name' ... ?

* Options Below.

Training Class Location
    Where did you complete the OU Training Course?
    Oracle Academy (OA)

OA provides Oracle University curricula to secondary and higher education institutions. Includes former Oracle Academic Initiative (OAI) and Oracle

Oracle Authorized Training Partner

More Info

Oracle University location (OU)

Oracle Workforce Development Program (WDP)

WDP education institutions deliver Oracle training as part of certificate and non-degree programs offered through Continuing Education programs.

Please enter the full name of the facility where you received your training.
    Training Facility Name:

Thanks

Yatish Khanna

DOP

• 9. Re: OCP: Don't have Authorization Code.
    matthew_morris Expert

Now when i didn't attended any training for my exam (1Z0- 043), what to fill in 'Training Facility Name' ... ?

The form is specifically for entering in the data about the training you took.  If you didn't take training at an Oracle authorized vendor, then there is no reason to be filling in the form at all. 

Training is required to get your OCP, as Hemant said in the initial reply to your post (and gave a link to the details).  There is no method for substituting work experience for this requirement.  Until you take one of the allowable courses, Oracle will not grant you the OCP certification.  There are a number of options for the allowed training.  You don't have to take a basic admin course -- several courses on advanced topics can be used to fulfill the requirement.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points