7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2013 10:24 PM by yxes2013 RSS

Dataguard failed archivelog updates

yxes2013

Hi all,

Aix 6.1

We usually encountered archivelog failure to update the standby database due to voluminous transaction during batch time.

These usually happened during paydays every 15th or 30th of the month. The voluminous acrhives can not accommodated

by the network bandwidth so we manually transfer it and apply to the physical standby database.

Can you share me your scripts that handles this situation?  Someone advised to create a script that checks if acrhive log gaps

is > 10 . Then zip all the gaps archivelogs and ftp it to the standby server, and unzip, and then apply.

I am not good in writing scripts and I am also afraid that I might mess the process and might delete the logs erroneously.

By the way how do you count if gaps is > 10? Can it be queried in the database views?

Please share your scripts....

Thanks,

zxy

• 1. Re: Dataguard failed archivelog updates
          sb92075

yxes2013 wrote:

Hi all,

Aix 6.1

We usually encountered archivelog failure to update the standby database due to voluminous transaction during batch time.

These usually happened during paydays every 15th or 30th of the month. The voluminous acrhives can not accommodated

by the network bandwidth so we manually transfer it and apply to the physical standby database.

Can you share me your scripts that handles this situation?  Someone advised to create a script that checks if acrhive log gaps

is > 10 . Then zip all the gaps archivelogs and ftp it to the standby server, and unzip, and then apply.

I am not good in writing scripts and I am also afraid that I might mess the process and might delete the logs erroneously.

By the way how do you count if gaps is > 10? Can it be queried in the database views?

Please share your scripts....

Thanks,

zxy

If you are incapable to do your job, then resign & find a job you are qualified to do.

why do you expect us to do YOUR job for YOU?

You get paid to produce such items. We don't!

All we get from you are lies, mis-truths, & whines.

• 2. Re: Dataguard failed archivelog updates
            yxes2013

So...you do not know how to write scripts too?

• 3. Re: Dataguard failed archivelog updates
              sb92075

I've been doing *nix shell script probably longer than you have been alive.

I started on *NIX when it was the exclusive property of ATT & Bell Labs & before it was embraced by the geeks at Berkeley.

• 4. Re: Dataguard failed archivelog updates
                yxes2013

What I mean is the script for zipping archivelogs to update the DG standby db.

• 5. Re: Dataguard failed archivelog updates
                  sb92075

man zip

If you are incapable to do your job, then resign & find a job you are qualified to do.

• 6. Re: Dataguard failed archivelog updates
                    yxes2013

Well, my overall performance it very satisfactory except for this "little" issue of achivelogs.

Have you implemented DG physical standby yet?

• 7. Re: Dataguard failed archivelog updates
                      sb92075

yxes2013 wrote:

Well, my overall performance it very satisfactory except for this "little" issue of achivelogs.

Have you implemented DG physical standby yet?

yes

You have repeated shown that on a good day, you need a cheat sheet to even spell script.