So, during the initial install of EMOC 188.8.131.52 everything goes just fine until it starts configuring the software update libraries. The odd part about the error message it's giving me is that the MOS credentials are fine. EMOC can use the same credentials to activate an asset. So, what is causing this? I've dug through Oracle's docs and I can't find any references to this so I'm hoping someone with experience can guide me.
Job ID : opscenter.9 Job Name : Configure All Software Updates Job Type : Configure-Software-Update-Libraries Job Description : - Run ID : 2 Status : FAILED Mode : Actual run Owner xxxxxxxxx Create Date : 07/09/2013 03:06:42 PM EDT Start Date : 07/10/2013 02:43:43 PM EDT Last Updated : 07/10/2013 02:47:34 PM EDT
Execution Order : SEQUENTIAL
Failure Policy : ABORT_ON_ANY_FAILURE
Task : VirtImageLibraryCRUDTask Task Run ID : 2713 Target : 172.17.11.231-EC Status : SUCCESS Result : Library created successfully from URL file:///var/opt/sun/xvm/locallib/swlib2 (62563) Logs : 07/10/2013 02:43:44 PM EDT INFO Library file:///var/opt/sun/xvm/locallib/swlib2 already exists on the system. (62203)
Task : VirtImageNormalizationTask Task Run ID : 2714 Target : 172.17.11.231-EC Status : SUCCESS Result : Task completed successfully. (15029) Logs :
Task : CreateFolderTask Task Run ID : 2715 Target : 172.17.11.231-EC Status : SUCCESS Result : Task completed successfully. (15029) Logs : 07/10/2013 02:43:44 PM EDT INFO Number of times to attempt wait: 90 07/10/2013 02:43:44 PM EDT INFO Library Status = FOLDER_EXISTS 07/10/2013 02:43:44 PM EDT INFO Library is ready
Task : UCETask Task Run ID : 2721 Target : SatelliteTarget->EC Status : FAILED Result : Task failed. (15030) Logs : 07/10/2013 02:43:44 PM EDT INFO Initializing Library Directory: /var/opt/sun/xvm/locallib/swlib2/8b0e3143-72cb-4e36-a49b-d5143d1eb2e8/data 07/10/2013 02:44:14 PM EDT INFO No Update bundle specified. 07/10/2013 02:47:34 PM EDT ERROR Software Update Service is not configured. Please verify MOS Credentials (35660)
The log file /var/opt/sun/xvm/uce/opt/server/logs/error.log may give more details for the problem though it's not very readable. FYI, the problem I got was: I used a nfs file system to place the libraries, and somehow the configuration utility couldn't grab the file lock from the nfs file system. It worked before, but not for that time. I didn't figure out the reason, However, after I moved everything from the nfs file system to the local filesystem, the problem was resolved. Just FYI.