Hi,

I have a HashMap with @OneToMany relationship as shown below:-

@Entity
      Class CustomerDetails {

@OneToMany(fetch = FetchType.EAGER)
        @JoinTable(name="Cust_Order")
        @MapKeyColumn(name="orders_number")

public Map<String,Order> getOrders() { return orders; }
         public void setOrders(Map<String,Order> orders) { this.orders = orders; }
         private Map<String,Order> orders;

// getters & setters for orders

}

This class does have "N" number of @OneToMany relationships which is represented as "HashMap" and I want all of them to be eagerly loaded.Where it throws HibernateException "Cannot simultaneously fetch Multiple Bags" this is due to multiple collections in CustomerDetails
      with fetchType as "EAGER". Now I want to convert my collection type from HashMap to HashSet so that I can resolve this problem? Please let me know how I can convert HashMap to HashSet as HashMap takes key,value pairs unlike HashSet?

private Map<String,Order> orders;

to

private Set<Order> orders;

Please clarify the above & is there any better way to do it?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Convert HashMap to HashSet for @OneToMany for JPA Hibernate Implementation
          cdelahun

Hello,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but there is no problem using eager or lazy access types with either HashMap or HashSets in EclipseLink/TopLink.  As a HashSet is a Set implementation, it is nothing like a Map and cannot be used as a HashMap replacement that I'm aware of.   The code you posted will work with EclipseLink without exceptions being thrown.

If you have a Hibernate specific problem, you might try posting on that Hibernate's forum for an answer.