This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2013 6:51 AM by 955124 RSS

Regarding ess0001.dat file

955124 Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated

Hello All,

I am assuming that ess0001.dat file in the Application-> default folder is the one which stores all the data in an Application. Just in case I want to replicate that data in a different App , will copying that .dat fi einto the default location of new App makes both Apps have same data ? I am talking about ASO apps by the way.

• 1. Re: Regarding ess0001.dat file
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE

You would at least need the \metadata\ess00001.dat as well

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 2. Re: Regarding ess0001.dat file
    955124 Journeyer

App -> default has Larger Volume of Data , while App - > Metadata has   few Mb's !! So in order to get replicated data will both have to be replaced , If replaced do we need to do anything else , like a server Reboot ?

• 3. Re: Regarding ess0001.dat file
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE

Stop the app, copy the neccessary files, start the app, test.

Cheers

John

http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

• 4. Re: Regarding ess0001.dat file
    955124 Journeyer

Well , i did everything except copying App -> Metadata file. May be i will try that next time.

Between , thew source for this question is another Issue I came through last week. I wanted a particular ASO application to be restored to a certain Point of Time  , while restoring ess0001.dat file did not restore properly. Got the prompt that file is in use even though I had stopped all the Applications . Nevertheless , there was an option given "Restore  on Reboot".

I was reluctant to choose this option , but I eventually did. Later when the Reboot was actually done ess0001.dat file actually went missing in the Application folder both in App-> default and App->Metadata and I could not open ASO application nor the App getting Transparent partitioned to ASO  . Then I again had to do a restore , this time luckily did not get Restore on reboot. Just wondering , when previously I had selected "Restore on Reboot" Instead of restoring , it deleted the file itself Hmmmmm . One more thing , Reboot was done to the APS server while I did my operations on Essbase server . So , the Restore on reboot should have been justified when Reboot was done to Essbase server correct , but it happened after rebooting APS. Totally out of Sync.

Any comments John , Team !!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points