This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 10:28 AM by Vin Steele RSS

R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility

Vin Steele Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

In SQL Developer version 4 (Early Adopter), the default display for a Scheduler Chain has changed significantly.

In version 3.2, the display is of the Chain beginning and end, connected by a mesh of steps (displayed as square icons) connected by rules (displayed as lines). It visually resembles a web or fishing net. This is very useful for seeing the flow of the chain and dependencies for each step.

In version 4, the display is of a steps (displayed as green sprocket icons) in a single line. The rules appear to be woven into a single blue line connecting the sprocket icons. This is a significant reduction in utility. One can no longer see the relationships among steps.

The new icons are fine, but please restore the web effect for the rules.

• 1. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Brian Maher Explorer

Could you provide more detail.   The changes we made should have only been to the icons.     These now use the icon that the chain step references.  I have just opened up an example chain  with some branches in SQL Develoepr 3.2 and 4.0 and the only difference I see are the icons. 

• 2. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Vin Steele Newbie

I am using Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production. I am using SQL Developer 64 bit. my 3.2 version data is:

Java(TM) Platform1.6.0_26
    Oracle IDE3.2.20.09.87
    Versioning Support3.2.20.09.87

My R4 EA version data is:

Java(TM) Platform1.7.0_11
    Oracle IDE4.0.0.12.27
    Versioning Support4.0.0.12.27

I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

For my primary workflow, which has 75 steps and 76 rules, the display in R3.2 is a net, probably what you are seeing. In R4 EA I see a single line of icons starting in the upper left hand corner of the screen and going down at a 45 degree angle to the lower right hand corner of the screen. The End Chain icon is at the lower right hand end, but the Start Chain icon does NOT appear at the upper left hand end, but rather off to the left hand side of the main line (between the 2nd and 3rd sprocket) connected with a single line (which, when clicked on, displays the appropriate rule) which merges into the thicker main line at sprocket 16.

In the past, in earlier versions (including R3.2) I have seen a flash of this type of display (using the old icons) when I opened a chain. This always disappeared quickly, replaced by the 'net' display, so I did not think much of it. It happened today when I was re-enabling a chain. Now in R4 EA1 this single-line display persists.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help resolve this. I would be glad to post .jpg shots of the two displays if you will be kind enough to tell me where to do so. The "Insert Image" icon for this editor is greyed out.

• 3. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Vin Steele Newbie

we have 4 chains that we use. Three display properly in R4 EA1. The one that does not display properly is the largest, with 76 steps and 77 rules. Our next largest chain (which displays properly) is much smaller, with 20 steps and 21 rules.

• 4. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Brian Maher Explorer

I tried a set of 100 steps and 101 rules  (via a script). I created them without branches  ie  STEP1->STEP2->..STEP100.

I then added some branches

I also added a branch from step1 to the END

It all seems to display OK.

Could you indicate the branching complexity of your rules  if feasible here?

Obviously you must have tried refresh and clicking in the window to redraw.  Is there a start and end to the long line?

• 5. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Vin Steele Newbie

Yes, there is a start and an end. the Chain END icon is at the end of the long line. There is a beginning, which is simply the first icon. This first icon is NOT the first step in the chain. As I mentioned before, the chain START icon is off to the side of the chain, with a line that merges into the main line.

Here is the most complicated rule in my chain. I use it because we have had trouble in one of our environments with the automatic job notification. One of our DBAs is working on that, but he has a lot of other things on his plate.

Our other rules are less complicated.

sys.DBMS_SCHEDULER.DEFINE_CHAIN_RULE  (

CHAIN_NAME  => '"DW_WORKFLOW"."HP_DAILY_WF1"',      

rule_name  => '"R101"',

action => 'START "EMAIL_CHAIN_STALLED"',       

condition => 'AGG_EVENTS_MOBILE_DAILY FAILED OR PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_OPND FAILED OR PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_CLKD FAILED OR  PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_UNSUB FAILED OR REFRESH_MV_TQS_PGM_DENRM FAILED OR AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD FAILED OR AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_OPND FAILED OR AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB FAILED OR REFRESH_MV_USER_TENURE FAILED OR REFRESH_USER_TENURE_RPT FAILED OR FILTER_USER2_DIM FAILED OR UPDATE_USER2_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_USER2_DIM FAILED OR EXTRACT_E_C_VALUES FAILED OR LOAD_E_C_ATTR_NAME_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_E_C_ATTR_VALUE_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE FAILED OR LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND  FAILED OR LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD FAILED OR LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB FAILED OR AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD FAILED OR AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND FAILED OR AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB FAILED OR EXTRACT_TQS_PROGRAM FAILED OR LOAD_TQS_PROGRAM_DIM FAILED OR EXTRACT_CAMPAIGNS FAILED OR LOAD_CAMPAIGN_DIM FAILED OR FILTER_OPENED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_USER_LIST_SRC_BRDG FAILED OR EMAIL_CHAIN_SUCCESS FAILED OR LOAD_USERS_UNSUBSCRB FAILED OR LOG_WORKFLOW_END FAILED OR REFRESH_MVS FAILED OR UPDATE_USERAGENT_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_POSTAL_CODE_DIM FAILED OR LOG_WORKFLOW_START FAILED OR LOAD_USERAGENT_DIM FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_1 FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_2 FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_3 FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_4 FAILED OR AGG_EVENTS_DAILY FAILED OR AGG_EVENTS_UNIQUE FAILED OR AGG_SUBSCRB_USERS FAILED OR AGG_USER_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_BOUNCED_EVENTS FAILED OR SET_NEXT_RUN_BOUNDS FAILED OR EXTRACT_CACI_LKUP FAILED OR EXTRACT_CONV_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_DIVISION_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_EMAIL_MASTER FAILED OR EXTRACT_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB FAILED OR EXTRACT_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_USERS FAILED OR FILTER_SEND_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_BATCH_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_CONVERSION_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER FAILED OR LOAD_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB FAILED OR LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_SENT_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_UNMAILABLE_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_USERS FAILED OR LOAD_USERS_SUBSCRB FAILED OR AGG_BNCD_CAT_EVTS_DAILY FAILED OR EXTRACT_LIST_SOURCE FAILED OR LOAD_LIST_SOURCE_DIM FAILED OR AGG_MAIL_USER_LAST_ACT FAILED OR EXTRACT_URLALIAS FAILED OR EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPCCM FAILED OR EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPUSA FAILED OR LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_1 FAILED OR LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_2 FAILED'

);

• 6. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Brian Maher Explorer

Still cant reproduce

I think we need your metadata (or something like it)

If you want to send it then in sqldeveloper  enter

select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('PROCOBJ','BIG') from dual;

where 'BIG' is the name of your chain

Run statement rather than run script and select the cell in the Query result window and the pencil expand it.  To get chain def.

To get the chain rules

use

select rule_name, condition, action  from sys.all_scheduler_chain_rules where chain_name = 'BIG';

run this query and export result set to a file and then copy contents to here.

• 7. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Vin Steele Newbie

Here are the results of the queries you sent. Let me know if you need anything further, or if you want the results in a different format.

BEGIN

dbms_scheduler.create_chain('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', evaluation_interval=>NULL, comments=>NULL

, rule_set_name=>'"SCHED_RULESET$6"   '

);

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_1"', program_name=>'"ADD_BATCH_TO_SENT_EVENTS_1"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_2"', program_name=>'"ADD_BATCH_TO_SENT_EVENTS_2"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_3"', program_name=>'"ADD_BATCH_TO_SENT_EVENTS_3"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_4"', program_name=>'"ADD_BATCH_TO_SENT_EVENTS_4"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_BNCD_CAT_EVTS_DAILY"', program_name=>'"AGG_BNCD_CAT_EVENTS_DAILY"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_DAILY"', program_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_DAILY"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_UNIQUE"', program_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_UNIQUE"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD"', program_name=>'"AGG_FIRST_EVENT_DETAIL_CLKD"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_OPND"', program_name=>'"AGG_FIRST_EVENT_DETAIL_OPND"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB"', program_name=>'"AGG_FIRST_EVENT_DETAIL_UNSUB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_MAIL_USER_LAST_ACT"', program_name=>'"AGG_MAIL_USER_LAST_ACT_CURR"');

dbms_scheduler.alter_chain('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_MAIL_USER_LAST_ACT"', attribute=>'SKIP', value=>TRUE);

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_SUBSCRB_USERS"', program_name=>'"AGG_SUBSCRB_USERS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD"', program_name=>'"AGG_UNIQUE_EVENT_DETAIL_CLKD"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND"', program_name=>'"AGG_UNIQUE_EVENT_DETAIL_OPND"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB"', program_name=>'"AGG_UNIQUE_EVENT_DETAIL_UNSUB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_USER_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"AGG_USER_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EMAIL_CHAIN_STALLED"', program_name=>'"EMAIL_CHAIN_STALLED"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EMAIL_CHAIN_SUCCESS"', program_name=>'"EMAIL_CHAIN_SUCCESS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_BOUNCED_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_BOUNCED_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_CACI_LKUP"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_CACI_LKUP"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_CAMPAIGNS"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_CAMPAIGNS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPCCM"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_CONTENTURLALIAS_HPCCM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPUSA"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_CONTENTURLALIAS_HPUSA"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_CONV_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_CONVERSION_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_DIVISION_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_DIVISION_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_EMAIL_MASTER"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_EMAIL_MASTER"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_E_C_VALUES"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_E_C_VALUES"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_LIST_SOURCE"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_LIST_SOURCE"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_TQS_PROGRAM"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_TQS_PROGRAM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_URLALIAS"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_URLALIAS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"EXTRACT_USERS"', program_name=>'"EXTRACT_USERS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"FILTER_OPENED_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"FILTER_OPENED_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"FILTER_SEND_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"FILTER_SEND_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"FILTER_USER2_DIM"', program_name=>'"FILTER_USER2_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_BATCH_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_BATCH_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_CAMPAIGN_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_CAMPAIGN_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_CONVERSION_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"LOAD_CONVERSION_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER"', program_name=>'"LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB"', program_name=>'"LOAD_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE"', program_name=>'"LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_E_C_ATTR_NAME_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_E_C_ATTR_NAME_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_E_C_ATTR_VALUE_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_E_C_ATTR_VALUE_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_LIST_SOURCE_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_LIST_SOURCE_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_POSTAL_CODE_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_POSTAL_CODE_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_SENT_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"LOAD_SENT_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_TQS_PROGRAM_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_TQS_PROGRAM_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD"', program_name=>'"LOAD_UNIQUE_EVENT_DETAIL_CLKD"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND"', program_name=>'"LOAD_UNIQUE_EVENT_DETAIL_OPND"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB"', program_name=>'"LOAD_UNIQUE_EVENT_DETAIL_UNSUB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_UNMAILABLE_EVENTS"', program_name=>'"LOAD_UNMAILABLE_EVENTS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_1"', program_name=>'"LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_1"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_2"', program_name=>'"LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_2"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_USER2_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_USER2_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_USERAGENT_DIM"', program_name=>'"LOAD_USERAGENT_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_USERS"', program_name=>'"LOAD_USERS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_USERS_SUBSCRB"', program_name=>'"LOAD_USERS_SUBSCRB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_USERS_UNSUBSCRB"', program_name=>'"LOAD_USERS_UNSUBSCRB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOAD_USER_LIST_SRC_BRDG"', program_name=>'"LOAD_USER_LIST_SRC_BRIDGE"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOG_WORKFLOW_END"', program_name=>'"LOG_DAILY_WORKFLOW_END"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"LOG_WORKFLOW_START"', program_name=>'"LOG_DAILY_WORKFLOW_START"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_CLKD"', program_name=>'"PREP_AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_OPND"', program_name=>'"PREP_AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_OPND"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_UNSUB"', program_name=>'"PREP_AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"REFRESH_MVS"', program_name=>'"REFRESH_MVS"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"REFRESH_MV_TQS_PGM_DENRM"', program_name=>'"REFRESH_MV_TQS_PGM_DENORM_CURR"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"REFRESH_MV_USER_TENURE"', program_name=>'"REFRESH_MV_USER_TENURE"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"REFRESH_USER_TENURE_RPT"', program_name=>'"REFRESH_MV_USER_TENURE_RPT"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"SET_NEXT_RUN_BOUNDS"', program_name=>'"DETERMINE_EXTRACT_BOUNDARIES"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"UPDATE_USER2_DIM"', program_name=>'"UPDATE_USER2_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"UPDATE_USERAGENT_DIM"', program_name=>'"UPDATE_USERAGENT_DIM"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_MOBILE_DAILY"', program_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_MOBILE_DAILY"');

dbms_scheduler.define_chain_step('"HP_DAILY_WF1"', step_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_AOID_DAILY"', program_name=>'"AGG_EVENTS_AOID_DAILY"');

dbms_scheduler.enable('"HP_DAILY_WF1"');

COMMIT;

END;

"RULE_NAME""CONDITION""ACTION"
    "R003""EXTRACT_EMAIL_MASTER SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_CAMPAIGN_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER"""
    "R004""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_USERS"""
    "R005""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_CACI_LKUP"""
    "R006""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_EVENTS"""
    "R007""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_CONV_EVENTS"""
    "R008""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_BOUNCED_EVENTS"""
    "R009""LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB"""
    "R010""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_DIVISION_EVENTS"""
    "R011""EXTRACT_CACI_LKUP SUCCEEDED and EXTRACT_USERS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_USERS"""
    "R012""EXTRACT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""FILTER_SEND_EVENTS"""
    "R013""LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_BATCH_DIM"""
    "R014""LOAD_BATCH_DIM  SUCCEEDED and FILTER_SEND_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_1"""
    "R015""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_1 SUCCEEDED""START ""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_2"""
    "R016""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_2 SUCCEEDED""START ""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_3"""
    "R017""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_3 SUCCEEDED""START ""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_4"""
    "R018""ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_4 SUCCEEDED and LOAD_USERS SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_USER2_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_SENT_EVENTS"""
    "R019""LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and UPDATE_USERAGENT_DIM SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_1 SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_2 SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS"""
    "R020""LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED  and UPDATE_USERAGENT_DIM SUCCEEDED AND FILTER_OPENED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS"""
    "R021""LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_UNMAILABLE_EVENTS"""
    "R022""EXTRACT_BOUNCED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and  LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS"""
    "R023""EXTRACT_CONV_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and  LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_CONVERSION_EVENTS"""
    "R024""EXTRACT_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB SUCCEEDED and LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB"""
    "R025""EXTRACT_DIVISION_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_USERS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_USER2_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_USERS_SUBSCRB"""
    "R026""EXTRACT_DIVISION_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_USERS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_USER2_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_USERS_UNSUBSCRB"""
    "R027""LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_CONVERSION_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_EVENTS_DAILY"""
    "R028""AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND SUCCEEDED and AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD SUCCEEDED and AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_EVENTS_UNIQUE"""
    "R029""LOAD_USERS SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_SUBSCRB_USERS"""
    "R030""LOAD_USERS_SUBSCRB SUCCEEDED and LOAD_USERS_UNSUBSCRB SUCCEEDED and LOAD_UNMAILABLE_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_USER_EVENTS"""
    "R031""AGG_EVENTS_DAILY SUCCEEDED and AGG_EVENTS_UNIQUE SUCCEEDED""START ""REFRESH_MVS"""
    "R032""REFRESH_MVS SUCCEEDED and AGG_EVENTS_MOBILE_DAILY SUCCEEDED AND AGG_EVENTS_AOID_DAILY SUCCEEDED AND AGG_USER_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and AGG_SUBSCRB_USERS SUCCEEDED AND AGG_BNCD_CAT_EVTS_DAILY SUCCEEDED AND AGG_MAIL_USER_LAST_ACT SUCCEEDED AND REFRESH_MV_TQS_PGM_DENRM SUCCEEDED AND  LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE SUCCEEDED AND REFRESH_USER_TENURE_RPT SUCCEEDED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_OPND SUCCEEDED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD SUCCEEDED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB SUCCEEDED""START ""LOG_WORKFLOW_END"""
    "R033""LOG_WORKFLOW_END SUCCEEDED AND EMAIL_CHAIN_SUCCESS SUCCEEDED""START ""SET_NEXT_RUN_BOUNDS"""
    "R034""SET_NEXT_RUN_BOUNDS SUCCEEDED""END "
    "R035""EXTRACT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_USERAGENT_DIM"""
    "R036""LOAD_USERAGENT_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""UPDATE_USERAGENT_DIM"""
    "R037""LOAD_USERS_SUBSCRB SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_USERS_UNSUBSCRB SUCCEEDED""START ""REFRESH_MV_USER_TENURE"""
    "R038""LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_URLALIAS"""
    "R039""EXTRACT_CACI_LKUP SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_POSTAL_CODE_DIM"""
    "R040""LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_BNCD_CAT_EVTS_DAILY"""
    "R041""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPCCM"""
    "R043""EXTRACT_URLALIAS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_1"""
    "R044""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_LIST_SOURCE"""
    "R045""EXTRACT_LIST_SOURCE SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_LIST_SOURCE_DIM"""
    "R046""LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_CONVERSION_EVENTS SUCCEEDED and LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_MAIL_USER_LAST_ACT"""
    "R047""EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPCCM SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPUSA"""
    "R048""LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_1 SUCCEEDED AND EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPUSA SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_2"""
    "R049""LOAD_USERS SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_LIST_SOURCE_DIM SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_USER2_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_USER_LIST_SRC_BRDG"""
    "R050""EXTRACT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""FILTER_OPENED_EVENTS"""
    "R051""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_CAMPAIGNS"""
    "R052""EXTRACT_CAMPAIGNS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_CAMPAIGN_DIM"""
    "R053""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_TQS_PROGRAM"""
    "R054""EXTRACT_TQS_PROGRAM SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_CAMPAIGN_DIM SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_TQS_PROGRAM_DIM"""
    "R055""LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED""START ""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND"""
    "R056""LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED""START ""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD"""
    "R057""LOAD_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB"""
    "R058""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND  LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED AND AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND  AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED""START ""AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND"""
    "R059""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED AND AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED""START ""AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD"""
    "R060""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED""START ""AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB"""
    "R061""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_E_C_VALUES"""
    "R062""EXTRACT_E_C_VALUES SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_E_C_ATTR_NAME_DIM"""
    "R063""LOAD_E_C_ATTR_NAME_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_E_C_ATTR_VALUE_DIM"""
    "R001""TRUE""START ""LOG_WORKFLOW_START"""
    "R064""LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_EVENTS_MOBILE_DAILY"""
    "R065""LOAD_E_C_ATTR_VALUE_DIM SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_SENT_EVENTS SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE"""
    "R066""EXTRACT_USERS SUCCEEDED""START ""FILTER_USER2_DIM"""
    "R067""FILTER_USER2_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""UPDATE_USER2_DIM"""
    "R068""UPDATE_USER2_DIM SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_POSTAL_CODE_DIM SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_LIST_SOURCE_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""LOAD_USER2_DIM"""
    "R069""REFRESH_MV_USER_TENURE SUCCEEDED""START ""REFRESH_USER_TENURE_RPT"""
    "R070""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED""START ""PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_OPND"""
    "R071""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED""START ""PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_CLKD"""
    "R072""LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND COMPLETED""START ""PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_UNSUB"""
    "R073""LOAD_TQS_PROGRAM_DIM SUCCEEDED""START ""REFRESH_MV_TQS_PGM_DENRM"""
    "R074""PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_OPND SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED""START ""AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_OPND"""
    "R075""PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_CLKD SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED AND AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB COMPLETED""START ""AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD"""
    "R076""PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_UNSUB SUCCEEDED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD COMPLETED AND LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND COMPLETED""START ""AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB"""
    "R100""LOG_WORKFLOW_END SUCCEEDED""START ""EMAIL_CHAIN_SUCCESS"""
    "R101""AGG_EVENTS_AOID_DAILY FAILED OR AGG_EVENTS_MOBILE_DAILY FAILED OR PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_OPND FAILED OR PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_CLKD FAILED OR  PREP_AGG_1ST_EVNT_UNSUB FAILED OR REFRESH_MV_TQS_PGM_DENRM FAILED OR AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_CLKD FAILED OR AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_OPND FAILED OR AGG_FIRST_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB FAILED OR REFRESH_MV_USER_TENURE FAILED OR REFRESH_USER_TENURE_RPT FAILED OR FILTER_USER2_DIM FAILED OR UPDATE_USER2_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_USER2_DIM FAILED OR EXTRACT_E_C_VALUES FAILED OR LOAD_E_C_ATTR_NAME_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_E_C_ATTR_VALUE_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE FAILED OR LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND  FAILED OR LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD FAILED OR LOAD_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB FAILED OR AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_CLKD FAILED OR AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_OPND FAILED OR AGG_UNIQ_EVNT_DTL_UNSUB FAILED OR EXTRACT_TQS_PROGRAM FAILED OR LOAD_TQS_PROGRAM_DIM FAILED OR EXTRACT_CAMPAIGNS FAILED OR LOAD_CAMPAIGN_DIM FAILED OR FILTER_OPENED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_USER_LIST_SRC_BRDG FAILED OR EMAIL_CHAIN_SUCCESS FAILED OR LOAD_USERS_UNSUBSCRB FAILED OR LOG_WORKFLOW_END FAILED OR REFRESH_MVS FAILED OR UPDATE_USERAGENT_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_POSTAL_CODE_DIM FAILED OR LOG_WORKFLOW_START FAILED OR LOAD_USERAGENT_DIM FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_1 FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_2 FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_3 FAILED OR ADD_BTCH_TO_SENT_EVNT_4 FAILED OR AGG_EVENTS_DAILY FAILED OR AGG_EVENTS_UNIQUE FAILED OR AGG_SUBSCRB_USERS FAILED OR AGG_USER_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_BOUNCED_EVENTS FAILED OR SET_NEXT_RUN_BOUNDS FAILED OR EXTRACT_CACI_LKUP FAILED OR EXTRACT_CONV_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_DIVISION_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_EMAIL_MASTER FAILED OR EXTRACT_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB FAILED OR EXTRACT_EVENTS FAILED OR EXTRACT_USERS FAILED OR FILTER_SEND_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_BATCH_DIM FAILED OR LOAD_BOUNCED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_CLICKED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_CONVERSION_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_EMAIL_MASTER FAILED OR LOAD_EMAIL_UNSUBSCRB FAILED OR LOAD_OPENED_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_SENT_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_UNMAILABLE_EVENTS FAILED OR LOAD_USERS FAILED OR LOAD_USERS_SUBSCRB FAILED OR AGG_BNCD_CAT_EVTS_DAILY FAILED OR EXTRACT_LIST_SOURCE FAILED OR LOAD_LIST_SOURCE_DIM FAILED OR AGG_MAIL_USER_LAST_ACT FAILED OR EXTRACT_URLALIAS FAILED OR EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPCCM FAILED OR EXTRACT_CONTENTURL_HPUSA FAILED OR LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_1 FAILED OR LOAD_URLALIAS_DIM_2 FAILED""START ""EMAIL_CHAIN_STALLED"""
    "R042""LOAD_E_C_ATTR_MSG_BRIDGE SUCCEEDED AND AGG_EVENTS_DAILY SUCCEEDED""START ""AGG_EVENTS_AOID_DAILY"""
    "R002""LOG_WORKFLOW_START SUCCEEDED""START ""EXTRACT_EMAIL_MASTER"""
  • 8. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Brian Maher Explorer

Thanks for this,  I generated a similar chain with the above information.   I now see the messed up display.

After some diagnosis it appears some sort of interaction with java 1.7 and netbeans and swing.   However there is a workaround

In the <install dir>/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin

There is a file sqldeveloper.conf

If you edit that and add a line

AddVMOption -Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true

Then restart sqldeveloper and open your chain again.

• 9. Re: R4 EA - Scheduler Chain GUI - loss of utility
    Vin Steele Newbie

Thank you very much. My problem is resolved. Also, thank you for the code to generate the chain and step calls to the DBMS_SCHEDULER procedures. That will be useful.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points