0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 3:12 AM by 1031306 RSS

Issue when publishing application on Weblogic 12c

Hi everybody,

I am facing a strange issue with my web application when I try to deploy it on the web server (for information, I am working with Eclipse). I am saying that it is strange because it is not happening all the time (most of the time it is happening after a refresh of project sources to integrate changes made by other developers of the team). The second part why it is strange is because it is giving an error message that doesn't make sense for me as the class ApplicationServlet mentioned is present in my project and has no annotations inside.

Below is the error message :

weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101371]There was a failure when processing annotations for application C:\workspaces\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\sample-app\beadep\sample_domain\sample-app. Ensure that the annotations are valid. The error is com.toto.sample.application.ApplicationServlet

And this is the stack trace :

java.lang.Exception: Exception received from deployment driver. See Error Log view for more detail.

at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.DeploymentProgressListener.watch(DeploymentProgressListener.java:190)

at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WlsJ2EEDeploymentHelper.deploy(WlsJ2EEDeploymentHelper.java:506)

at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publishWeblogicModules(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:1466)

at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publishToServer(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:898)

at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publishOnce(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:686)

at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publish(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:539)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3153)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

Caused by: weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101371]There was a failure when processing annotations for application C:\workspaces\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\sample-app\beadep\sample_domain\sample-app. Ensure that the annotations are valid. The error is com.toto.sample.application.ApplicationServlet

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:732)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.prepare(ScopedModuleDriver.java:188)

at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.prepare(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:83)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:100)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:172)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:167)

at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:35)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.prepare(ModuleStateDriver.java:38)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:139)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:55)

at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.java:706)

at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:35)

at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:237)

at weblogic.application.internal.SingleModuleDeployment.prepare(SingleModuleDeployment.java:48)

at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.prepare(DeploymentStateChecker.java:158)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.prepare(AppContainerInvoker.java:60)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:207)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:96)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:229)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentPrepare(DeploymentManager.java:747)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.prepareDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:1216)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handlePrepare(DeploymentManager.java:250)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.prepare(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:159)

at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doPrepareCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:171)

at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access$000(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:13)

at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer$1.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:46)

at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:545)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.toto.sample.application.ApplicationServlet

at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:297)

at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:270)

at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:64)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)

at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.java:179)

at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.loadClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:43)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.AnnotationProcessingManager.processServlets(AnnotationProcessingManager.java:214)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.AnnotationProcessingManager.processAnnotationsInWebXml(AnnotationProcessingManager.java:201)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.AnnotationProcessingManager.processAnnotations(AnnotationProcessingManager.java:105)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.AnnotationProcessingManager.processAnnotations(AnnotationProcessingManager.java:81)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.processAnnotations(WebAppModule.java:1828)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:717)

To be honest I don't really know what is causing this and how I can solve it. I would appreciate if somebody can help me on this.

Thanks in advance