This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 7:34 AM by Wes Fang Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: looking for clarification on ADF 12.1.2 WLS support
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated

11.1.1.7.0 came out Apr 2013 and 11.1.2.4.0 May 2013 (A History of Oracle JDeveloper and ADF Releases).

However, the code base for 11.1.2.4.0 is more 11.1.1.6.0 (or 11.1.1.5.0). Some features are missing in 11.1.2.4.0 which are available in 11.1.1.7.0.

The release notes for 11.1.2.4.0 state:

Deployment

Configuring an Application Server to Run 11.1.2.4.0 Applications

The ADF Runtime will be installed into a standalone application server by applying an Opatch bundle on top of a 11.1.1.6 version of the Application Developer Runtime environment. In the event that additional patches are needed or desired in addition to the 11.1.2.4.0 patch (for example, if an additional patch is needed for another component in the Application Development Runtime installation), those patches will need to be installed separately.

Important note: The patch is intended to be applied to an Application Developer Runtime installation. Applying the patch to a different installation type (for example, Oracle SOA Suite or Oracle WebCenter) is not supported.

So the update is from 11.1.1.6.0.

I don't think that you'll see an patch to update from 11.1.1.7.0 as an update to 12c is more likely anyway. You only need 11.1.2.4.0 if you are in ADF Mobile.

Timo

• 16. Re: looking for clarification on ADF 12.1.2 WLS support
    Wes Fang Explorer

Arka,

Just reviewed my notes on the install and noticed the typo,

WLS 10.3.6 with ADF 11.1.2.4 requires 2 additional console applied patches ontop of the 11.1.1.6 runtime installer.

My apologies. Also, you might want to start a new thread as your question no longer pertains to the original title.

-Wes

• 17. Re: looking for clarification on ADF 12.1.2 WLS support
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE

Wes, you as the one how opened the thread can branch the part not belonging to the thread away (see the  branch away button of the posts).

Timo

• 18. Re: looking for clarification on ADF 12.1.2 WLS support
    Wes Fang Explorer

So that's what that button is for,  learned!

However, I did receive an error upon branching, I will report this to the forum admins...

http://i.imgur.com/fxwXuNy.jpg

Thank you Timo!

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points