9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 12:27 PM by 1005774 RSS

Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.

Hello Everyone,

I have recently set up weblogic 10.3.6 and installed Oracle Forms 11gR2.  I have everything working except one piece.  TNSNAMES.ORA.  When i run the logon_screen.fmx, it comes back with an error of ORA 12560.  I placed the TNSNAMES.ORA in the following directory:

TNS_ADMIN = C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config.

I read that there is a second TNSNAMES.ORA someplace, but haven't found that yet?  any suggestions?

when i receive the error above through IE, i then click OK, and provide the login credentials and everything runs.

thank you,

steven

• 1. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.
          Christian Erlinger

The tnsnames.ora is located under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin by default.

cheers

• 2. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.

thank you, but within Oracle Forms 11g there is also a TNSNAMES.ORA, which i have updated.  But when i try and run my Form through the network with IE, it can't seem to find this TNSNAMES.ORA, even though my default.env points this file.  Once i click on the error within IE, and provide the correct DB login information, the form runs fine.

• 3. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.
              Paul M.

when i try and run my Form through the network with IE, it can't seem to find this TNSNAMES.ORA, even though my default.env points this file.

How ?

In your original post you mention TNS_ADMIN : where did you set it ?

• 4. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.

on the server:  C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config\tnsanames.ora.

I updated the default.env so that it points to this, but when the app run from manually putting in the URL to the logon.fmx, it stops with an ORA 12560: TNS: protocol adapter error.  I click OK on this error, then it allows me to put in my USERID/PWD and connect string (which the connect string is the name in the tnsnames file that i created) and all is well.  but i shouldn't have to do this nor my customers.  so what am i missing here?

thank you,

Steven

• 5. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.
                  Paul M.

I'm sorry, but your answers are not clear...

on the server:  C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config\tnsanames.ora.

That is, that's how you did set TNS_ADMIN ?

I updated the default.env so that it points to this

Yes, I did understand that, but how did you do it ?

• 6. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.

Hi PaulM,

I will try and make this clearer.

a.  we didn't install Fusion Middleware Control.

b.  When i modify a file, i am manually going to the file, opening it up in Notepad, make my changes, then save the file.

c.  what i have noticed today after stopping the Admin Server for the ClassicDomain that contains the Oracle Forms/Reports 11gR2

1.  the Formsweb.cfg has been reset to all defaults and all changes, adding 'myapp' section is gone.  I see a formsweb (type CFG File), formsweb.cfg (type BAK file), formsweb.cfg (type JMXORI File).

I'm new to weblogic and oracle forms/reports 11gR2.

I had my application (just the forms) up and running yesterday after i built my own configuration in the Formsweb.cfg, but now it's gone.

lastly, where do i put the Reports *.rdf's and JSP's?  are there config files to modify there as well?  how do i start a Report Server to listen for the calling of the report?

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me.

sincerely,

steven

• 7. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.
                      Paul M.

You still do not answer my questions... anyway,

a.  we didn't install Fusion Middleware Control.

Why not ?

I had my application (just the forms) up and running yesterday after i built my own configuration in the Formsweb.cfg, but now it's gone.

Well, that can't happen by itself, what did you do since yesterday ?

I'm new to weblogic and oracle forms/reports 11gR2.

Then you should read some documentation, Oracle® Fusion Middleware

• 8. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.

Hi PaulM,

Thank you for the quick response.  We installed a Development Installation, which doesn't install the OEM/Middleware Control and HTTP server.  I thought i also read that We should be able to manually change the Default.env and Formsweb.cfg files.  For the link that you provided, i have a newer version E23960-05 which i have read through all 400+ pages and sits next to me for constant reference.

Since changing the default.env and the formsweb.cfg, we stopped the admin server and restarted it, that's all. 

• 9. Re: Oracle Fusion Forms 11gR2 and WEBLOGIC 10.3.6.

Hi Paul,

I reinstalled Weblogic and Oracle Forms/Reports in a Production mode.  Forms are working with no issues.  There are two things that i do have an issue with when trying to call reports from Forms:  run_report_object.  The code i'm using is the format that most folks have posted and works in 10g.  But when i run it in 11g, i get the HTTP error 404... basically the in-process server works when i put all the information in web.show_document, but through run_report_object.  so, i'm using in-process report server which i do know the name of, but the Rptsvr_adyfs001_asinst_1 will not start up.  Gives me an error of 6701 could not get a secure socket.

the other issue is, creating a Key in the rwservlet.properties file.  I created it through the EM, i can see it in the rwservlet.properties file, but when i use it, it's not found.  Suggestions?

thank you,

steven