This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 12:35 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Hello over there! How to become a best java programmer??

santeEJ Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I'm not bad in JAVA at all, I just want to move to the next level. Does anyone knows how i should take my skills to the higher level? Where can I buy java materials, I bought all java materials and projects from shopnewused.com I need something like that but more powerful now. The series was very very helpful if compared to my skills before getting to shopnewused.com. Thanks in advance!!

• 1. Re: Hello over there! How to become a best java programmer??
    939520 Explorer

My previous post might be helpful:

https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2566453

Also, creating your own programs will gain you a lot of experience.

You can't expect an employer to send you to classes or train you on the job.

Also, any assignment you get from an employer often is for enhancements

to an existing project. Creating them from scratch (on your own) is better.

• 2. Re: Hello over there! How to become a best java programmer??
    iarpan Newbie

Knowing the details of the file structure in Java folder would be great, The Bin folder in Java directory consists of many commands, knowing those would also help and can also turn out to be the next level

Also Java Programming depends a lot over using Java documentation of the APIs since it contains number of already created methods, try using the API documentation for  Servlets and JSPs. If you have already used Servlets and JSPs then you can go for JSF and JSTL too

Hope this helps

Arpan

• 3. Re: Hello over there! How to become a best java programmer??
    gimbal2 Guru

About 10-15 years of working experience will do it.

I hope you want to become a good software engineer by the way, getting really good at Java doesn't help you much specifically, its just a means to an end. What do you think is more important?

a) writing epic code

OR

b) building something that works, is clean and user friendly, well documented, easy to maintain and does exactly what the users of the software need it to do

I hope you pick b), and I hope you see that becoming a "best java programmer" does not help you to do all that. You need to be much, much more than that.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points