This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 10:32 AM by pawii RSS

OU ENROLLMENT

pawii Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

how to check that whether we are enrolled in oracle university or not?
i had successfully given 10g admin 1 exam and i had an oracle id too but how can i confirm that i am an enrolled student or not?

• 1. Re: OU ENROLLMENT
    matthew_morris Expert

It's not clear what you are asking.  Taking an exam and getting an Oracle testing ID doesn't make you "an enrolled student" -- at least by my definition.  Students 'enrolled' in Oracle University would be those who have signed up to take a course.  In that case, you would generally have an email indicating that you were enrolled for it and the times/dates/etc.

For Oracle professionals that have taken one or more exams, CertView is the place to locate all of your testing history.  You don't say when you took the exam.  If it was recently, you probably already have an account, as they were made mandatory (having an account is the only way to see your score).  If you took the test before that change and have not yet created your Certview account, you should do so now.

https://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/ocp_interface.ocp_candidate_login?p_include=Y&p_org_id=1001&p_lang=US

If the above doesn't answer your question, you need to supply more details of what you are asking.

• 2. Re: OU ENROLLMENT
    pawii Newbie

hmm so according to the details provided i am not an enrolled student of oracle university as i do not have any mail in my mailbox saying that

you were enrolled for it and the times/dates/etc

but tell me sir if it create any difference

if i take the ocp exam without enrollment?

because i had taken training from an unathorised institute (non owdp partner) so what will be the differences between an enrolled OCP and unenrolled ocp

• 3. Re: OU ENROLLMENT
    matthew_morris Expert

I believe I understand your question now. 

The long answer to your question:

For the purpose of this issue, there are three classes of vendors that offer Oracle training:

1.  Oracle University

2,  Authorized partners of Oracle University that teach curriculum developed by OU.

3.  Vendors that teach Oracle but have no connection to Oracle University.

If you enroll in a course in Oracle University, you will receive an email from Oracle that you are enrolled.  I *believe* that they can also automatically connect your enrollment with your Oracle testing ID (i.e. without you having to provide a Course Submission Form).  Any course taken with OU that is on the list of approved courses will apply towards the hands-on training requirement of your OCP.

If you enroll in a course provided by an authorized partner, Oracle University will not know anything about it unless you submit a Course Submission Form.  The partners do not send lists to OU indicated that X student took Y course on Z date.  Any course taken with a partner vendor that is on the list of approved courses will apply towards the hands-on training requirement of your OCP.

If you enroll in an a course provided by a vendor that has no connection to Oracle University  -- they will not know anything about it.  Submitting a Course Submission Form would be pointless because it would not count towards the hands-on training requirement of your OCP.

The short answer to your question:

If you do not take an approved course from OU or an authorized OU partner, you will not be granted the 10G DBA OCP certification.  You can take and pass the required tests, but the certificate will not be issued until you have taken such a course and provided documentation of that to OU.

• 4. Re: OU ENROLLMENT
    pawii Newbie

i suppose i fall in category third with a different scenario

my institute is having a deal with Authorized partners of Oracle University that teach curriculum developed by OU.

ie my institute ROAD AHEAD TECHNOLOGY PVT. LTD. is in collaboration with UNISOFT TECHNOLOGIES NAGPUR MAHARASHTRA INDIA which is a direct partner of oracle university ie OWDP

i am having an certificate issued by oracle and given by unisoft technologies which states that i had taken training from an authorised centre but still i do not have any enrollment type mail can you tell me what to do now? to whom should i approach? oracle? unisoft technology or someone else?

• 5. Re: OU ENROLLMENT
    matthew_morris Expert

Either the center where you took the training was authorized or it wasn't.  I can't make that call. 

Put in the course submission form and OU will determine if the center is authorized. 

Information on submitting the form is here:

Certification Hands on Course Requirement

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points