2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 4:31 PM by user4594840 RSS

Form based on procedure: can't find stored procedures or packages

Hi All,

I am using an old Portal 10g. I wanted to create a Form based on a procedure and yet when I go to its step where you look for the procedure in your selected provider I get procedures only from the PORTAL schema, and not from the custom schema I am using. My portal version is 10.1.4.2.

How can we see the custom schema procedures from this form. Can someone please help? This has given me a great headache, as I can see the tables from this custom schema (when I create a form based on a table) but I cannot see stored procedures from this schema.

THank you for your attention and help.
        • 1. Re: Form based on procedure: can't find stored procedures or packages
          I had tried granting EXECUTE privileges on my packages and procedures to Portal user, as well as PORTAL_PUBLIC users. Additionally, I have also checked, the custom schema is already exposed as a provider.

However, it seems that the privileges didn't seep into the portal forms part fully perhaps - because some of the procedures can be called from the Dynamic Pages and they show up. That means the portal lightweight user is able to see them. However, while creating a form based on a procedure, when we look for the procedure to base upon, in that step, the pop-up window comes up and when I search for the procedures or packages in my custom schema here, no matches are returned.

Anyone has any clue please? Will appreciate some quick insights please.
          Regards!
          • 2. Re: Form based on procedure: can't find stored procedures or packages
            user4594840

I have met the same issue with oracle 10g XE and apex 4.2.2

I cannot build foms based on procedures becuase I can't find it stored in my schema procedures!

Anyone has a clue how to fix it?

Regards