This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2013 4:16 AM by BAO.SZ RSS

How to launch batch print for a form layout records?

BAO.SZ Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

In jdev 11.1.2.3

There is a form layout page, for example to display invoice records. and the requirement is :

Press a button to launch batch print:

to print out all records (in format of the current form layout,print the pages) in a batch.

Is there any good idea to do this task in Jdev/ADF?

A declarative way is prefered.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: How to launch batch print for a form layout records?
    BAO.SZ Newbie

Can this requirement be implemented in a declarative way in jdev 12c?:

There is a form layout page, for example to display invoice records. and the requirement is :

Press a button to launch batch print:

to print out all records (in format of the current form layout,print the pages) in a batch.

Anyone can give some advice?

Thanks.

• 2. Re: How to launch batch print for a form layout records?
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE

Are you talking about p<af:showPrintablePageBehavior>?

I don't understand what you mean be batch print?

MY gut feeling tells me, that you want to print not only one page of records but many of them. For this you have to use a report tool which allows more control about the page layout (think of different scree resolutions which should not interfere with the page size if you print).

Timo

• 3. Re: How to launch batch print for a form layout records?
    BAO.SZ Newbie

Hi, Timo

What you said is right:

that you want to print not only one page of records but many of them. For this you have to use a report tool which allows more control about the page layout (think of different scree resolutions which should not interfere with the page size if you print).

My requirement is to print not only one page of records but many of them. And for the present, the page to print to rather simple, so there is no emergency need to think about screen resolutions etc.

The issue here is how to loop to print all the records?  The page layout is as template, but many records need to print.

Thank you very much!