2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2013 11:47 AM by reachsubbiah RSS

FDM Import Issue

reachsubbiah

Hi All,

I am in the process of loading data into FDM and the size of the file is 31.8 MB. FDM doesn't allow the data to import and I received Application error, And we reduced the file size into 15 MB by deleting the unwanted data, then we can able to import the data.

What is the file size limit, Can FDM able to import it.

Regards,

Sanjeev

• 1. Re: FDM Import Issue
          SH

Are you importing the file from the FDM Inbox or from a drive on your PC or other network share? If you are not using the Select File From Inbox option during import you will be limited by the IIS settings as to the size of file you can upload over http (for IIS7 the limit is 30MB). I would always recommend uploading the source file to the FDM Inbox and then starting the process by selecting the file from the Inbox. It will resolve the file size issue you are facing and will be much more efficient than performing an upload streaming the data across your network from some other file location.

• 2. Re: FDM Import Issue
            reachsubbiah

Hi SH,

Thanks for the comment.

Since I don't have the access for FDM server, I will download file to my PC and import the file. I will try to upload the source file to the FDM Inbox.

Regards,

Sanjeev