This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 2:08 AM by User909022 RSS

Process flow fails to complete when another in the same package is deployed - OWB 11.2.0.2

User909022 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have  problem with OWB Process Flows whereby whenever I deploy a process flow within an existing package, another Process Flow becomes (unknown to me) invalid and will not complete execution.

When deploying the first process flow, I am synchronising all mappings within it, saving, validating and saving again before deploying it. This process flow then functions ok but then a random process flow within the same package malfunctions. By this I mean the process flow does not complete, as if it has lost some connectors. Has anybody else had this problem?

• 1. Re: Process flow fails to complete when another in the same package is deployed - OWB 11.2.0.2
    RichardSmith Newbie

Is the process flow that has problems active while the package is being deployed? If so this is likely the problem since in workflow the process flow package is replaced with a new version when it is redeployed by OWB, not just the changed process flow(s) within the process flow package. It is best to ensure no process flows in the package being redeployed are executing before redeploying the package.

• 2. Re: Process flow fails to complete when another in the same package is deployed - OWB 11.2.0.2
    User909022 Newbie

HI Richard,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree with your answer but sadly this does not seem to be the cause of the problem in my case as I always stop any running processes and double check with the list_requests.sql as provided and where necessary execute the deactivate_execution.sql and/or abort_exec_request.sql only if absolutely required. Finally I check again with list_requests.sql and if necessary run in the OWF_MGR schema: WF_PURGE.TOTAL and/or the following sql (again only if required) :

BEGIN
    FOR cur_rec in (SELECT ITEM_TYPE,ITEM_KEY FROM OWF_MGR.WF_ITEM_ACTIVITY_STATUSES
      WHERE ACTIVITY_STATUS = 'ACTIVE')
    LOOP

OWF_MGR.WF_PURGE.MOVE_TO_HISTORY(cur_rec.ITEM_TYPE,cur_rec.ITEM_KEY);
    COMMIT;

END LOOP;
    END;

So I am sure that no processes are running before I begin deployment. Thanks again for your reply.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points