I've tried to install a Test installation of Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12cR3. For that i've done this things:
- created a naked installation of RedHat 6 with all configurations for Oracle Database
- Install Oracle Database 11gR2 (188.8.131.52.0) and configured a listener and a empty database
- deconfigure the EM of the Installation with:
emca -deconfig dbcontrol db -repos drop -SYS_PWD <sys pasword> -SYSMAN_PWD <sysman password>
- install EMCC 12cR3 on the same machine and configure that for the database on the machine
All fine to that. But now I'm trying to start the OMS and the agent, but I'm getting this error:
EM Configuration issue. /u01/app/oracle/ora11gr2/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/emtestinstall.<domainname>_emtest not found
So I think, there is no agent for the database.
Some more information:
- SID of database: emtest
- $ORACLE_HOME: /u01/app/oracle/ora11gr2/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/
I think i need to reconfigure the Enterprise Manager agent on the machine. But how can i do that? When I use that one:
emca -config dbcontrol db -backup
or something like that I don't know exactly if he configures then the Enterprise Manager Database Control which i won't use.
Somebody can help me?
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Hi David, if your EM 184.108.40.206 install is successful them OMS, agent are up and running by default, you don't have to manually start them. Look at the command to manager EM components from here - Starting and Stopping Enterprise Manager Components
That error message means you are running emctl out of the database bin directory, not out of the OMS bin directory. Try running it out of the newly-installed OMS home and you will have better luck. The emctl binary in the database home controls EM Database Control, the single-instance monitoring tool, which you will not be using now that you have EM12c installed.