I don't think this is an error. It is just the message you received in your alert log when use the following command.
Did you recieve any error while you executed alter database recover managed standby database finish; on your oracle cmd promt. If yes then post the same
after this you need to use 'alter database activate standby database;' to open your database in read write mode.
We have successfully restore the database and swithover the status to primary after performing following steps:
- Copy cold backup on server
- Mount the standby database
- Perform the point in time recovery by issuing fllowing command
- recover standby database until cancel;
- Applied some archived files and then CANCEL
- Clear Standby Redo Log Files
- alter database clear logfile group <Group Number>;
- Finish Standby recovery
- alter database recover managed standby database finish;
- Issue following command to change the mode to "PRIMARY",
- alter database commit to switchover to primary with session shutdown;
- Open database
- Alter database open;
- Switch the redo log files
- Alter system switch logfile;
- Restart the database
Earlier we had missed step # 4.