7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 11:29 AM by HansJK RSS

After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model

HansJK

Hi

We use OSDDM 3.3.

We are using the team/group development options by virtue of the SVN (sub version) integration built into OSDDM.

Recently a colleague added 6 views to the relation model, which all showed in the 'main' relational model (we make use of sub-views too).

He comitted his work.

I saw the 6 incoming changes and proceeded to update my working copy.  This completed without error.

The 6 new views however, only show up in the tree view under the relational model.  They are not in the actual diagram (visual).

(The view can still be edited by opening it from the tree directly and it still generates correctly into the DDL.)

If I drag them onto the diagram they get created, but now seemingly as a copy, i.e. with :1.

So somewhere the diagrammer still knows of the views being part of this 'main' model diagram, but does not display/render them.

(If I open one of the sub-views and drag the views into that, it creates the view correctly (i.e. not as another copy, but referencing the actual object).

Anybody else experience this or know of a fix?

Thank you & Regards

• 1. Re: After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model

Hi HansJK,

I tried to reproduce this error in my test design, but wasn't able to achieve it - it worked as one would expect: the newly added views appeared (were displayed) after I've updated my working copy. If it is possible, can you please send a suitable version of your design so I can do this tests on it?

Best regards,

Kamen

• 2. Re: After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model
            HansJK

How do I send you a copy of the model?

• 3. Re: After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model
              David Last-Oracle

Hi Hans,

I suggest you zip up the .dmd file together with the full contents of the directory with the same name, and email it to Kamen.

Kamen's email is kamen.peshev@oracle.com

Thanks,

David

• 4. Re: After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model
                HansJK

I am unfortunately not allowed to send you the project as example.

...and have not yet recreated the issue in an example.

• 5. Re: After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model
                  Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

Hi Hans,

Anybody else experience this or know of a fix?

You can use diagram's context menu to show version history of diagram with missing views presentation.

The first row in history window is named "Local Saved" - select that row and select the row presenting the revision with those views.

Use "Compare" from context menu for selected rows and do proper merging (leave only missing views selected).

Philip

• 6. Re: After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model
                    Kent Graziano

I experienced this at one time as well. What I discovered was that the table (or view in your case) was on the diagram, I just did not see it because it was way down in a bottom corner out of view so to speak. When you get the :1, that is a definite sign that the object is on the diagram somewhere (maybe behind another table)

To see if that is the case, in the navigator pane, find the view, right click on it , select 'Go to diagram' and see if your main diagram is listed. If so, select that diagram and you will get navigated to the view in question. Then you can zoom out to see where it is sitting on the page and rearrange as you like.

• 7. Re: After update from SVN, views are missing in Relational Model
                      HansJK

Hi Kent

To see if that is the case, in the navigator pane, find the view, right click on it , select 'Go to diagram' and see if your main diagram is listed. If so, select that diagram and you will get navigated to the view in question. Then you can zoom out to see where it is sitting on the page and rearrange as you like.

I did check for that,but no, they were definitely not in the diagram.

They show up in the tree (navigator), but nowhere in the diagram itself.

I did go looking in the xml file that is the relational model e.g. in ..\<design_name>\rel\<model directory (some Hex ID)>\subviews\<hex-ID>.xml

The two views that are displayed are present in this xml file.

e.g. 

<OView class="oracle.dbtools.crest.swingui.relational.TVView" oid="E15521DB-B384-70FD-853A-F48FB47AD58B" otype="View" vid="97332664-6988-024A-7D45-9F6381F05A2B">
                      <hideElementsInCurrentOnly>false</hideElementsInCurrentOnly>
                      <bounds x="610" y="2283" width="302" height="139"/>
                      </OView>

The views that went 'missing' are not present in this above-mentioned model XML file, but they do exist in the ..\<design_name>\rel\<model directory (some Hex ID)>\view\seg_0\ directory as their respective XML files (objects).

(...and as I said, they do appear in the tree in the navigator pane.  They can be edited and saved and DDL generated, just do not appear in the diagram.)

Thank you & Regards

PS. I have since 'fixed' this by re-creating the views as new objects in the diagram and removing the old ones.

All is well so far in that no views have disappeared again after updates and merges.