0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 4:07 AM by ahappyme RSS

Jar a package or Jar the modules inside a package for applets

I am converting class files for applet into a jar. The folder is e.g car, with individual modules placed into folders like tyres, windows etc inside it. There are also dependencies between some modules.

e.g. car/ tyres

/ windows

/ utils

/ applet

The classes are accessed from the applet inside HTML page. We have a main page for car.html which can accessed all modules, and individual webpage, tyres.html, windows.html.

I don't have a problem with jarring car into car.jar but when I tried to jar tyres.jar, windows.jar into separate jars, the applet would not load. The classes package is something like car.tyres.xxx so I am not sure if I could jar the individual modules this way. The directories still retain, car is still a folder but the individual modules inside it are now jars instead of folders.

I would like to ask, is it better to jar car as car.jar or the modules inside it as individual jars?

And do I need to jar car.jar after I jar the individual jars? I read that I need to list the dependencies inside the manifest but as the codes existed for sometime, it is a lot of work to do it manually. I am currently using intellj as IDE.