1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2013 12:42 PM by 1014801

Using JNDI to Create cnames in LDAP

Hello all,

First off, thank you for taking your time to read my post. As I am new to JNDI, I have a question regarding its integration with LDAP.

I am trying to write a Java program that will add cnames to my LDAP container. I have had some success in that the cname is created, however the objectClass attribute is initialized wrong and I have difficulty changing it. Here is the code that I have now along with the attributes that are initialized:

DirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);
      ctx.createSubcontext("cn=test,ou=orgUnit,o=org");

Attributes:

cn = test

objectClass = javaContainer

objectClass = Top

The correct attributes that I need the cname initialized with are as follows:

Attributes:

cn = test

objectClass = groupOfNames

objectClass = Top

ACL = ....

DirXML-Associations = ...

I have had no problem adding the ACL and DirXML-Associationg attributes. I have however tried replacing the existing objectClass attribute with a 'replace' command using the modifyAttributes function with no success. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thank you!

Josh

• 1. Re: Using JNDI to Create cnames in LDAP

Of course I figure it out right after I post the question. To those who may encounter this issue in the future, here is my code:

DirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);

Attributes attrs = new BasicAttributes(true);

Attribute cname = new BasicAttribute("objectclass");

cname.add("top");

cname.add("groupofnames");

attrs.put(cname);

Context result = ctx.createSubcontext("cn=test,ou=orgUnit,o=org", attrs);