This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 10:23 PM by BillyVerreynne RSS

ORA

FabrícioMaluf Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I have one problem with clientXserver application, sometimes this application occurs error "ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel".

The server that is running this application, don't have problems of network, don't generate event on Event Viewer of Windows or error log.

My Server is Windows Server Standard 2008, the application with problem is TOTVS -PIMS this application is run on Citrix Xenapp

I can't find the problem, please someone can help me  ?

thanks.

• 1. Re: ORA
    FabrícioMaluf Newbie

The version of my Database is:

BANNER

----------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production

CORE    10.2.0.4.0      Production

TNS for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Productio

NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production

The verion of client is:

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0

• 2. Re: ORA
    sb92075 Guru

I suspect a networking problem.

from client system just establish a telnet session onto the AIX DB Server system & do nothing else.

if/when this session gets disconnected, then you'l know the root cause & solution are external to Oracle and exists at the OS/networking level.

• 3. Re: ORA
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE

The error is from the application's Oracle client driver. That driver created a TCP connection (successful one) to the database. At some stage it had to use the connection (client app executing/fetching a cursor ) - and the IP stack reported that the TCP connection no longer works and the server is not reachable via that connection.

The reason for this is that something tore down the TCP connection, without sending a packet to the client (with the FIN or RST flags set), to inform the client that the connection has been torn down. So when the client app (driver) attempts to use what it thinks is a valid connection, the connection no longer exists.

There are a number of reasons why this can happen. The typical one is that the server process, servicing that connection, crashed. And with the crash, tore down the connection without informing the client. So this client error is usually an ORA-600 or ORA-7445 error on the server. A look at the alert log of the database could shed light on this.

Or it could be a plain old network issue as sb90275 said - e.g. some network s/w (firewall, etc) tearing the connection down as it has exceeded an idle limit timeout, leaving both client and server thinking they still have a working connection, until trying to use it.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points