5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 12:47 AM by Filip Huysmans RSS

OBIEE Integration

Filip Huysmans

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure this is the right forum, if not please tell me.

I need to show OBIEE dashboards in a WebCenter Portal.

Apparently there exist a nice connection from ADF to OBIEE.

Official document : Oracle® Fusion Middleware Developer's Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g Release 1 (1…

Versions: OBIEE, JDeveloper

I installed all the necessary plugins into JDeveloper.

I'm able to make a connection to the BI server and see all the dashboards in the connection.

The problem appears when I select a dashboard and want to drop it into a jsf page.  On the page itself nothing happens and in the log console I see the following messages:

Aug 20, 2013 5:15:53 PM oracle.bi.presentation.soap.connection.impl.LogonTokenImpl

SEVERE: Perform impersonation was enabled for the BI Presentation Services SOAP connection, but there was no logged in user!

Aug 20, 2013 5:15:53 PM oracle.javatools.datatransfer.DataTransferPluginRegistry

WARNING: Plugin threw exception: oracle.webcenter.content.internal.dt.rc.ContentDataTransferPlugin@160c0b3

at oracle.webcenter.content.internal.dt.rc.ContentDataTransferPlugin.augmentImpl(ContentDataTransferPlugin.java:103)

at oracle.javatools.datatransfer.AbstractTransformingDataTransferPlugin.augmentIfDesired(AbstractTransformingDataTransferPlugin.java:65)

at oracle.javatools.datatransfer.DataTransferPluginRegistry._runPlugin(DataTransferPluginRegistry.java:151)

at oracle.javatools.datatransfer.DataTransferPluginRegistry.performAugmentation(DataTransferPluginRegistry.java:98)

at oracle.bali.xml.model.datatransfer.XmlTransferUtils.performAugmentation(XmlTransferUtils.java:555)

at oracle.bali.xml.gui.GuiXmlContext.setDropTransferable(GuiXmlContext.java:287)

at oracle.bali.xml.gui.swing.dnd.DropHandlerHelper._setCurrentTransferableIfNeeded(DropHandlerHelper.java:481)

No matter what type of BI object I want to use, I always have the same error and behaviour.

Even when I create a new ADF app, instead of a WebCenter portal app, I see the same problem.

Any idea what the problem can be?

Thank you in advance.

Filip Huysmans

• 1. Re: OBIEE Integration
          Filip Huysmans

Hi all,

I got it all working using JDeveloper instead of the

It also doesn't work correctly when using the Chrome browser.  Using Firefox, everything seems to work correctly.

Filip Huysmans

• 2. Re: OBIEE Integration

I have done this integration long back with jdev PS5, i hope it was working on IE & Firefox, i haven't tested using chrome,

• 3. Re: OBIEE Integration
              Filip Huysmans

To be more complete, this is the problem in Chrome :

* Create different pages with OBIEE content.  I was using different dashboards.

* Go to the first page, OBIEE content is showing.

* Go to another page with OBIEE content, no content is showing and no errors in the console log-window.

* Go back to the first page, no content is shown either.

I found in the certification matrix from OBIEE that Chrome is only supported for versions 19->25.  All versions above are not supported.  This may well be the reason, but I can not be sure.

• 4. Re: OBIEE Integration

good finding,

yes in that case, better you can raise an case with oracle only, finally oracle has to support

• 5. Re: OBIEE Integration
                  Filip Huysmans

Hi ngsankar,

I'm not sure whether that would do any good, since the certification matrix clearly state the exception.

The question would rather be:  when will this be solved.

Another problem I have is that everything is working fine in OBIEE with Chrome, it is just the information being showed in the portal raises this problem.