This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 10:47 PM by Filip Huysmans RSS

OBIEE Integration

Filip Huysmans Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure this is the right forum, if not please tell me.

I need to show OBIEE dashboards in a WebCenter Portal.

Apparently there exist a nice connection from ADF to OBIEE.

Official document : Oracle® Fusion Middleware Developer's Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g Release 1 (1…

Versions: OBIEE 11.1.1.7, JDeveloper 11.1.1.7

I installed all the necessary plugins into JDeveloper.

I'm able to make a connection to the BI server and see all the dashboards in the connection.

The problem appears when I select a dashboard and want to drop it into a jsf page.  On the page itself nothing happens and in the log console I see the following messages:

Aug 20, 2013 5:15:53 PM oracle.bi.presentation.soap.connection.impl.LogonTokenImpl

SEVERE: Perform impersonation was enabled for the BI Presentation Services SOAP connection, but there was no logged in user!

Aug 20, 2013 5:15:53 PM oracle.javatools.datatransfer.DataTransferPluginRegistry

WARNING: Plugin threw exception: oracle.webcenter.content.internal.dt.rc.ContentDataTransferPlugin@160c0b3

java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.webcenter.content.internal.dt.rc.ContentDataTransferPlugin.augmentImpl(ContentDataTransferPlugin.java:103)

at oracle.javatools.datatransfer.AbstractTransformingDataTransferPlugin.augmentIfDesired(AbstractTransformingDataTransferPlugin.java:65)

at oracle.javatools.datatransfer.DataTransferPluginRegistry._runPlugin(DataTransferPluginRegistry.java:151)

at oracle.javatools.datatransfer.DataTransferPluginRegistry.performAugmentation(DataTransferPluginRegistry.java:98)

at oracle.bali.xml.model.datatransfer.XmlTransferUtils.performAugmentation(XmlTransferUtils.java:555)

at oracle.bali.xml.gui.GuiXmlContext.setDropTransferable(GuiXmlContext.java:287)

at oracle.bali.xml.gui.swing.dnd.DropHandlerHelper._setCurrentTransferableIfNeeded(DropHandlerHelper.java:481)

No matter what type of BI object I want to use, I always have the same error and behaviour.

Even when I create a new ADF app, instead of a WebCenter portal app, I see the same problem.

Any idea what the problem can be?

Thank you in advance.

Filip Huysmans

• 1. Re: OBIEE Integration
    Filip Huysmans Newbie

Hi all,

I got it all working using JDeveloper 11.1.1.6.0 instead of the 11.1.1.7.0.

It also doesn't work correctly when using the Chrome browser.  Using Firefox, everything seems to work correctly.

HTH

Filip Huysmans

• 2. Re: OBIEE Integration
    ngsankar Journeyer

I have done this integration long back with jdev PS5, i hope it was working on IE & Firefox, i haven't tested using chrome,

• 3. Re: OBIEE Integration
    Filip Huysmans Newbie

To be more complete, this is the problem in Chrome :

* Create different pages with OBIEE content.  I was using different dashboards.

* Go to the first page, OBIEE content is showing.

* Go to another page with OBIEE content, no content is showing and no errors in the console log-window.

* Go back to the first page, no content is shown either.

I found in the certification matrix from OBIEE 11.1.1.7.0 that Chrome is only supported for versions 19->25.  All versions above are not supported.  This may well be the reason, but I can not be sure.

Filip

• 4. Re: OBIEE Integration
    ngsankar Journeyer

good finding,

yes in that case, better you can raise an case with oracle only, finally oracle has to support

• 5. Re: OBIEE Integration
    Filip Huysmans Newbie

Hi ngsankar,

I'm not sure whether that would do any good, since the certification matrix clearly state the exception.

The question would rather be:  when will this be solved.

Another problem I have is that everything is working fine in OBIEE with Chrome, it is just the information being showed in the portal raises this problem.

Filip

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points